#1 sherri

sherri

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

Advertisement
Oh this is terrible. For two days now I have been having awful pains coming and going and so bloated its crazy. I can hear bubbling and gurgling noisesin my stomach. I honestly thought last night that I was going to have to go to the hospital. I am scared to eat anything at this point. Does anyone know ofanything that I can do to get rid of this trapped gas????

Advertisement

#2 RedJohn

RedJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:23 AM

Hi Sherri-Sorry to hear you are feeling bad. It's so awful, I know because I suffer from it every day. This week has been one of the worst for me, so just know you are not alone. I get some minor relief with some otc drugs. I take Phazyme, which is like Gas-X but only stronger. When I feel awful, I take two which is the max but I usually don't get too much relief. And you can only take two a day. I have terrible C which I think contributes to mine, but I pretty much bloat after I eat anything at all. I wish I could give you more advice. You could also try activated charcoal, although again not much relief for me. I hear the air moving in my belly and like you, when I press on it it gurgles and sounds digusting.Try putting some pressure on your stomach. Lay on your side with a pillow underneath one side. Applying pressure can help get things moving around too. ALso, a heating pad can help. If you find anything that works please share. It's funny because people tend to think that bloating sounds so minor. But unless you have been bloated like us, no one understands how debilitating it can be. I would take a bad case of D anyday over it. I too have had it so bad, I felt like I couldn't breathe and wanted to go to the ER. Sometimes, just going to bed and waiting it out is all you can do. Hope you feel better soon!

#3 oceantracks

oceantracks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

I agree! I took Imodium recently for bad cramps, and it stopped the cramps. Then, I couldn't go for two days. I was so bloated that I know just what you mean...I was actually getting scared. I was thinking, look, this gas has no where to go.....I took a lot of GasX (which did little) and just waited it out. It was one very long day and night before it finally was able to be expelled, and only then after trying different positions to get it out while in the bathroom. No more Imodium for me...

#4 *Amz*

*Amz*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

Hi, trapped gas is horrible to have, i get it alot especially if i get constipated!I find that self massage tecniques help. Stroking along your sotmach gentley then get more vigrous to raise the body temp and the blood which makes nutrients and oxygen go the the area, then 'knuckle' around the colon area, gently so you dont hurt yourself..this is great for reliving wind.My friend was suffering from wind and constipation and i showed her this tecnique and she was amazed as she managed to dislodge her wind and go to the toilet the next day, i do this everyday to myself aswel.. Give it a go.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here