2 replies to this topic

#1 SisterBear

SisterBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:25 AM

Advertisement
Hi, all :)I've just been officially diagnosed with IBS-C, and my G.I. doctor says to take Miralax as part of my treatment. I haven't started taking it yet because I don't know what time of day is best. I've looked everywhere, and can't find this info! I was on Miralax a couple of years ago, but the doctor I had then told me to take a DOUBLE dose when I woke up - this kept me in the bathroom for 8-9 hours, and it started to work very quickly, so I'm kinda worried about taking it again :( . Please help me?Thank you! :)~SisterBear~
~SisterBear~

Advertisement

#2 Mary5

Mary5

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:31 AM

The best time to take it is at night, maybe mix it in some juice, just before going to bed. This gives it time to work while you sleep and you should get up in the am and with your first cup of coffee go to the bathroom.

#3 SisterBear

SisterBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

Thank you, Mary!!! :(
~SisterBear~

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here