6 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzie Figg

Lizzie Figg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:37 PM

Advertisement
I often find that I get really bloated, but I can't fart to relieve myself. I have to get into a paticular yoga type fart position, it works sometimes! I've even adapted this for when I am out, it involves bending over and sticking my bum in the air! Very difficult, but you have little choice when you're in a tiny public toilet! I find that it is worse when I am out, as soon as I get home I start farting again. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Advertisement

#2 NZChick

NZChick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, I have a similar problem. It's made worse by not relaxing, (hence why you can pass it when you get home).My problem is more of having to hold it in (due to smell) and then I have bad pain and can't get it out when alone unless I really try (like in a yoga position). If you get bloated try not to eat too much. After 8 years of having this it's the one thing I know will make it worse.

#3 karen980

karen980

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 04:54 PM

I also have this problem,sometimes when I am at work or just not at home I get so bloated I can hardly stand it.I know It is due to trapped gas that won't come out by its self. I can't wait to get home. I never tried the yoga you talk about. What I do is lay on my stomach and push down on it and this pushes out some of the gas,and right away I feel much better and am not so bloated anymore

#4 busy mom

busy mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 12:01 PM

I experience the same thing. I have actually had my husband do a massage on my stomach to help get rid of the gas buil up. It is a terrible feeling. This happens to me almost daily. My stomach feels like I am five months pregnant. Has anyone found anything to help with the gas build up. I have tried over the counter meds and have found they are no great help. I no longer tuck my shirts in at work (thank god I work in a factory where jeans and sweat shirts are the thing to wear) because by the end of the day I am so uncomfortable and bloated. Can this be stress related? I am sure that my IBSD Type is stress related. You are not alone in your misery.TAKE CAREBUSY MOM

#5 stinky too

stinky too

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 04:41 PM

I fill the tub 1/2full of hot water and lay in it and massage my tummy. Seems to help with bloat and C. Busy mom, that corn that you seem to be eating everytime I see you would cause me a lot of gas. Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Guest_joanofarc_*

Guest_joanofarc_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2003 - 03:22 AM

I have this too. And I usually do feel better when alone and can get rid of the gas but I have to lay face down on my stomach with one leg up and then alternate positions. When it is bad my boyfriend says my heart races. It is the worst feeling. Yep, you are not alone. I don't know what to do about this. This bloating is my main ibs symptom. Don't even have pain. I think muscle relaxers would help and maybe hypnotherapy b/c I think the brain is telling the stomach to CLINCH UP. And it needs to be retrained somehow. I try really hard to to clinch up but it doesn't work. The weird part in my case is that if I wear anything taht is body revealing I instantly get bloated looking. I guess I tense up internally hoping to look svelte and thin-well, the other thing happens, I start looking lumpy and fat. This is SOOO frustrating. Anyone else get that? It doesn't even have to be tight fitting clothing in my case. Just somehting attractive and form fitting.

#7 marvin3784

marvin3784

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:13 AM

Thankfully mine does't give me too much trouble. I tend to hold it in when I am out not because of smell (I think I'm the only one whose farts rarely smell), but just because I am worried that someone will hear it. They usually don't have much sound either but better safe than sorry. Posted Image

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here