Advertisement

Photo

Pepto Bismol: how long does it take to work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suffering

suffering

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

Advertisement
If you know you are going to eat something that might give you problems, when should you take Pepto Bismol?I know for Imodium, people say you should take it about 2 hours before if you want to prevent any IBS episodes, so I was wondering what the time frame is for PB? I'm just starting to try PB.

Advertisement

#2 IanRamsay

IanRamsay

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

It used to start working for me in about 15 minutes, but that was for gerd, in theory it shouldent be longer than about an hour.cheersIan
Emetophobic since 1987, IBS A (More C) since 1990, Chronic GERD + Chronic Gastritis since 1987. When people say it cant get any worse, i say at least you are still breathing! Keep the faith. Currently in remission thanks to specific strain probiotics and 12 years of probiotic reaserch.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here