5 replies to this topic

#1 mia

mia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

Advertisement
Is Apple Cider Vinegar effective for reducing or eliminating gas and bloating? I suffer from stomach growls and a loud, gassy stomach. Pretty much, everything I eat bothers me. Does anyone know if Apple Cider Vinegar is effective or not?

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,816 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

I don't know if there is any good data on that. I know they usually seem to say it helps pretty much every thing, but not sure how many of those uses really have the evidence.Have you tried probiotics or reducing starches and/or fructose from your diet?Often pain after every single meal is because the colon is more active after every single meal. You might try drinking some peppermint tea (if you doctor won't let you try an antispasmodic or they constipated you too much) 20-30 minutes before a meal and see if that helps.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 Nanc

Nanc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Not sure if apple cider vinegar will help, but I know if you eat 1 yogurt everyday, you will begin to see an improvement in your symptoms. I take one silk yogurt, due to my lactose intolerance and after about 3 wks to 1 month you will see the difference. Believe me, I have tried everything. nothing worked except for the yogurt, it's amazing. Please all of you who suffer from stomach distress try this and let me know how you feel. Nanc

#4 janetmtt

janetmtt

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

What is silk yoghurt and where do you get it - never heard of it.Apple cider vinegar does reduce bloating and if you're constipated in the UK you can get Honegar which is really good helps both the constipation and bloating and the honey does take away the acidic taste of ACV - just start slowly with it and work your way up to what suits you best.

#5 mia

mia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

Ok. Thanks, guys.

#6 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,816 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

If I am not mistaken Silk Yogurt would be Yogurt made with soy millk (Silk is a major brand of soy milk in the USA)There are other brands.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here