3 replies to this topic

#1 Jakora

Jakora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Advertisement
Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know I took the time to give passionflower a try. I had heard that it was approved to treat "nervous stomach" in IBS-D and a few other homeopathic sites listed it as a remedy for the condition. I took two capsules of the Swanson Brand at night time and over the next few days my stools became more solid. I haven't tried it in the long run yet, but if some one is willing to give it a try, I highly recommend it.

Advertisement

#2 problemgirl

problemgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know I took the time to give passionflower a try. I had heard that it was approved to treat "nervous stomach" in IBS-D and a few other homeopathic sites listed it as a remedy for the condition. I took two capsules of the Swanson Brand at night time and over the next few days my stools became more solid. I haven't tried it in the long run yet, but if some one is willing to give it a try, I highly recommend it.

Can you take during pregnancy?

#3 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,863 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hard to know with pregnancy and http://www.mskcc.org...b/passionflower seems to indicate a few serious side effects so I would be a bit careful with it while you are pregnant.Most of what the clinical data is about opiate withdrawl and anxiety uses.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#4 Brianmay1975

Brianmay1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

I have taken for my anxiety issues some herbal sedatives made with passion flower only or with a combination of passion flower, valerian and other herbs. While they didn't upset my gut, I never noticed any marked GI benefit out of them. Well, that might be just me. It might work for other people though. I have very stubborn bowels that sometimes calm down only when I take mebeverine, drotaverine and two codeine pills at the same time...

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here