6 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes

diogenes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

Advertisement
I almost never have formed stools anymore, so I just wanted to check to see if that's anything to be worried about. It doesn't seem like typical diarrhea that has the water and foul smell. What it does seem to have in common with typical diarrhea is just that it's not formed at all and at times during the day I'll go several times. Does such a difference (loose stools vs diarrhea) make sense? I don't have weight loss or anything like that. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Advertisement

#2 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

It sounds like periods during my experience, although I don't think I ever had it without the foulest of smells. During times of no dog (and consequently no dog walks) I gained weight. Colon activity has nothing to do with nutrient and calorie absorption; they get done in the small intestine.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#3 TanaG

TanaG

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

Normally people with IBS do not get watery diarhea. Or at least this is what I've been told. If you're worried you should probably first go to see a doctor. There are many things that can give you loose stools, not just IBS. Do you have any other symptoms besides the loose stools?

#4 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

I do not have formed stools at anytime,there either very soft,mushy or watery.Have had all the tests done,all were negative.If you are concerned speak to your Doctor.

#5 Slade

Slade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi I just saw this thread. I also have loose stools because of my IBS and on very rare occasions I have "normal" or hard stools. Some days I may have several urges to go with soft but not watery stools. The viscosity varies but most of the times stools aren't formed. Sorry for the graphic description.

#6 cherrypie09

cherrypie09

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

Same here, I have loose stools also and find it very difficult to pass them and feel like i have never finished, some days my stool is normal, but every day without fail I take at least 1 Imodium plus caplet, very rarely I am constipated, usually very loose.

#7 petra

petra

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

I think IBS covers the whole spectrum -see Bristol stool scale. It really depends on what bothers you-you can have a normal stool with pain and urgency although the latter happens more with diarrhoea. It can be constant or erratic. Everyone seems to be different hence the problem diagnosing people and getting the right treatment for your symptoms.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here