#1 Autosaver

Autosaver

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Advertisement
I heard that sometimes it fixes itself after 6 months.Is this true?

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,812 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Usually more in the 1-5 year range.You really need 6 months of symptoms before they can really call it IBS. However it does have a remission rate for all kinds of IBS, not just IBS-D
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 cherrypie09

cherrypie09

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:58 AM

I am hoping it will go into remission, I have had ibs for 11 years the last three years bad but since january last year so bad, I can hardly ever go out, I live on Imodium, the unpredicatble urgent D and cramping, I hope will settle soon I am so fed up of this.

#4 Poo Pea Original

Poo Pea Original

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

I went into remission for about 1 year once and about 70% better for a different additional 2 years. The only thing i can relate it to is I remember being really happy, good mood, minimal stress, eating right and doing ALOT of exercise. In the first one i was 17 but then got glandualar fever and it all came back, in the second one i was 24 till about 26. In that one im not to sure why, I had some C at the time and was taking mag and Vit C which helped. I know that diet, mood and stress levels play a big part but not the only part. I wish i had the magic answer for us all but it would appear IBS is merely a broad term for any condition relating to the stomache and intestines that has no other diagnosis at the time. I think that means there are other things going on.I hope you find what works for you... im still on the hunt for what works for me.

#5 cherrypie09

cherrypie09

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

I have some days where I dont get cramps and urgency, just have loose bms, but then I will have a couple of weeks where I get cramps and urgent D, then back to the loose bms daily. Dont know why, I eat or drink nothing different, it so strange how it comes on worse some weeks than others.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here