#1 hasenfuss

hasenfuss

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Advertisement
Today I have gone to the bathroom 6 times and every time my stool looks normal. It's smooth sausage like the first 5 times I went and the last time it was many little sausages. Still I feel uncomfortable even though my stool looks normal. It feels like I can feel the stool inside me but not the kind of cramps you get with diarrhia. Just the feeling there are more sausage like poops floating around inside my bowls. That's the only way I can describe it. Did anybody had that feeling before ( normal but many poops and this annoying feeling)??? Should I take Imodiom ? I know it's for diarrhia but can it help with frequent bowl movements as well ? Is this typical for Ibs or is it one of these not so typical symptoms ?

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,811 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Frequent normal bowel movements can be seen in IBS. The stool consistency doesn't CAUSE the other symptoms so even if you normalize it, you can still have all the other symptoms of IBS from pain, frequent BM's, urgency before the rectum should send the "gotta go" signal.A lot of people have abnormal feeling of fullness or other discomfort. It is not a sign of anything other than the IBS.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 hasenfuss

hasenfuss

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

What do you think of taking Immodiom for the frequency ? Does it cut down on the discomfort too ?

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,811 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

Probably won't change the discomfort. May make you too constipated.Does peppermint tea or antispamsodics help.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 MsJanuary0104

MsJanuary0104

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Yes, I have that quite often...it is sooo annoying. It's especially annoying because I'm always at work when thisoccurs. In addition, I get anal leakage that sets my bum-hole on fire. I'm in my late 50's, and have had IBS sincepuberty. When I get the cramping episodes, I just want to die. No one in my family--either my parents when I was a child or my husband since I've been an adult have any compassion. I know there are so many people outthere who suffer with ills so much worse than mine, God bless their souls, it's just that I've suffered with this forso many years and even my current Dr. has nothing to help. It's totally a curse. I'm thankful for this forum. It helpsto vent.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here