4 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo_Boss

Turbo_Boss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

Advertisement
Hello guys, Long time ago I suffered Clostridium Difficile Colitis because of Zinnat antibiotic. From that day, every time I need to take antibiotics I eat a yogurt every day + a product called EnterogerminaŽ (Bacillus Clausii). Just a few day ago I finish a antibiotic (Zinnat) and even that I eat a yogurt every day + Enterogermina, I got diarrhea :) I went to the doctor and guess what? Clostridium Difficile AGAIN!!!, he gave me Flagyl 500mg (Metronidazol) 3 capsules every day for 10 days.I explain to the doctor that I was eating yogurt plus the Enterogermina while taking the Antibiotic and he says that Zinnat is a very strong antibiotic that kill the flora very fast and that why I got the Diarrhea and to avoid taking again that Zinnat antibiotic in the future.So, I am just scare that in the future if I need to take another antibiotic, even that I will eat a yogurt every day + Enterogermina, I can still get diarrhea :( So, do you think guys that instead of eating a yogurt, I can take Probiotics Capsules like Florastor 250mg and this will help me better??? Maybe the yogurt don't have enough probiotics.........What you think guys?Also what is the BEST Probiotics product that have the BEST price?THX,Isaac

Advertisement

#2 IanRamsay

IanRamsay

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

HiCapsualated or powdered probiotics will have a huge amount more in terms of bacteria than yogurts. go with the capsuals but while you are taking teh drugs there is very little that they can do untill teh end of teh antibiotic course. carry on taking them after teh course has stopped.CheersIan
Emetophobic since 1987, IBS A (More C) since 1990, Chronic GERD + Chronic Gastritis since 1987. When people say it cant get any worse, i say at least you are still breathing! Keep the faith. Currently in remission thanks to specific strain probiotics and 12 years of probiotic reaserch.

#3 joeyb

joeyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:49 AM

^^^second that probiotic caps are the way to go, then again..i have never been to good with dairy products.

#4 Corey2010

Corey2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

Yep, you'll get a higher dosage of friendly bacteria in a capsule than you would in yogurt.

#5 TheIBSExperience

TheIBSExperience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:21 AM

Yes go for the probiotic capsules its more practical...

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here