33 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy from Safety Harbor

Nancy from Safety Harbor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Advertisement
I can't find ProvexCV anywhere. Can someone lead me to a store that carries it? I live in Florida. Thanks.

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,896 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

It isn't sold in stores, it is a direct sales sort of thing, some sites call the company multi-level marketing, but I don't know how they have things organized to know for sure.http://content.melal...us/request.html is their main contact us site. I'm sure they can sign you up or find you a distributor in your area depending on how they sell it.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 Nancy from Safety Harbor

Nancy from Safety Harbor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Kathleen,Do you know if there is anything at a health food store comparable? By the way, you are a great moderator. Bless you and thanks.

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,896 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

Your welcome, I try to be helpful.That particular blend has a couple of things in it, and different companies use different things to get the resveratrol, but that is something most companies make. It also has Ginko (which most supplement companies make) and Quercitin. I have seen some resveratrol that has quercitin added, but I don't know that you would find the exact blend, and they don't tell you how much of each thing is in it. That is very common as a lot of companies keep their exact blends secret so they are harder to copy.Looks like you have The Vitamin Shoppe in Florida (I have a rather large one near me). They sell a few resveratrol quercitin blend (often say synergistic on the labelhttp://www.vitaminsh..._selection=null But they don't seem to have the other ingredients as a blend. Ginko is sold there and it is also widely available most anyplace you can buy herbs. Some of the products on the link are website only but they may be able to order in the store for you and they should have at least some products in the store.GNC also seems to sell both quercitin and resveratrol and I know they sell ginko and they are located in a lot of places (and both vitamin shoppe and GNC you can order online and have delivered)The main thing is, like I said, it is a proprietary blend so you don't really know how much of each pill is which thing. But grape extracts (as well as other plants with resveratrol) and various other bioflavanoids are pretty common things for most supplement companies to have their own version of some sort. Ever since the French drink red wine that is why they are healthy thing became a popular theory many companies started selling various mixtures that include red grapes/resveratrol.One problem is you don't know if it is one of the ingredients or the mix that is what is helping, so I can't be sure any other product would have the same results.
Ph.D in Biology

#5 Nancy from Safety Harbor

Nancy from Safety Harbor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Thank you Kathleen.

#6 Thai

Thai

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

It can be bought on Ebay as well.

#7 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,896 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

I tried an ebay search and it didn't pop up. Don't know if I put in the wrong search word or it if is one of those things that comes and goes depending on supply. Since I couldn't find it right now I didn't want to suggest it as I had no link and no idea what they list it under.
Ph.D in Biology

#8 Cherrie

Cherrie

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

ebay sometimes has individual sellers selling it, but my guess is only very occasionally. Doesn't look like there's a set ebay seller selling it.
Let your love flow outward through the universe, to its height, its depth, its broad extent - a limitless love, without hatred or enmity. Then as you stand or walk, sit or lie down, as long as you are awake, strive for this with a one-pointed mind; Your life will bring heaven to earth. -- Sutta Nipata

#9 iknowtheproblem

iknowtheproblem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

This isn't the same thing is it? It has the same name but it seems like this one is for the heart.

#10 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Yes I think it actually is the same thing.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#11 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,896 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

Must have gotten posted between the last search and just now. I swear it wasn't there earlier. :(It is for the heart. It was never marketed for IBS, just some people using it saw it helped. Like Linda never took Calcium for the diarrhea, but for other health reasons. Sometimes something will work for something other than what it was developed for or what they market it for.
Ph.D in Biology

#12 iknowtheproblem

iknowtheproblem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

So this stuff actually helps for incomplete evacuation? If so then I'm about to order some because I can't seem to go all at once but 4-5 times within an two hours with soft stools.

#13 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

So this stuff actually helps for incomplete evacuation?

Just like any other treatment.. no way to know if it will work for you other than you trying it.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#14 Thai

Thai

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

This IS the stuff....good luck.

#15 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

For what it is worth...It stopped my GERD and all indigestion in about 6 weeks. It stopped my all out every day D after about a year of slow improvement. Over that period of time, I went from D to Mud to IE to something like normal. (After finding this site, I stopped taking it and found all of these symptoms returned in reverse order over the following month. Re-instituting it reversed those symptoms over the next couple of weeks.) At some point I added the fiber powder, Fiberwise, to the Provex and found that firmed things up even more. For me, it was the smartest one thing I have ever done.According to an old study I turned up from the London Hospital, there is some evidence that a certain blood platelet activity--which the grape seed and skin control--shows up in colon inflammation as well as cardiovascular blockage. Flavonoid absorbance is problematic--why your doctor doesn't send you home with a bottle of merlot for your heart disease--and that is the problem that Provex solves and presumably why it helps me. (There is actual clinical proof that this is accomplished: http://jn.nutrition....act/132/12/3592 http://books.google....=...cv&f=false)If you can buy it off eBay, get a couple of bottles and try it for a couple of months. If you prefer trying it with a money back guarantee let me know and I can walk you through the process. Either way, just keep in mind that it will presumably only work if you have the same kinds of antagonists--and trigger foods can create inflammatory responses, according to the IBS Center in Seattle--as I have. In that way it is like trying anything else. Good luck with this to you.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#16 Joyce Roode

Joyce Roode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Provex CV is only available through the Melaleuca company. It is a patented product available to members and their families. Along with Fiberwise, it has helped hundreds of people with IBS and Chrons. Members help other people set up accounts with the company and they receive a catalogue with over 350 products that will help get rid of the toxic chemicals in the home which may also contribute to this and other health problems i.e. asthma, exema, allegies, psosiasis , diabetes and heart disease.I would be happy to set anyone up with their own account to try for 3 months with a moneyback guarantee from the company - feel better in 90 days or money refunded-or to use for a lifetime to stay healthy. Thanks, Joycewww.melaleuca.com

#17 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

I would be happy to set anyone up with their own account to try for 3 months with a moneyback guarantee from the company - feel better in 90 days or money refunded-or to use for a lifetime to stay healthy.

I'm sure you would.If you would like to advertise on this site you need to follow the proper channels:http://www.ibsgroup.org/advertising

#18 Thai

Thai

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Actually Joyce...you CAN buy at eBay.Do a search and you will see.

#19 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

Really, this is the part that exhausts me. As soon as the "marketing plan" gets introduced, all talk of possible benefits get discarded. Drives me crazy, especially given how disruptive IBS is.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#20 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

No Mark, sorry I don't agree. I do not think the benefits are erased by it's marketing/delivery/distribution system. This thread was not about the benefits of it. It was about how to obtain it.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here