7 replies to this topic

#1 fbomaster

fbomaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

Advertisement
Hey Guys,Quick question, anyone experienced the burning rubber smell as opposed to the fecal odor, how did you achieve it? I think the last time it happened to me was when i removed all wheat products from my diet, anyone have a similiar story or no of a sure fire way to get that smell.Far from a solution but at least you dont smell like ###### Cheers

Advertisement

#2 tidefan

tidefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

maybe it's a die off smell from candida?

#3 PumpIron

PumpIron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

I've never smelled a burning rubber smell in anyone's gas or stool, and I don't know how you could achieve that. I am taking probiotics, and they seem to help a little with the type of odor, as well as the severity. I will be taking Devrom (contains bismuth) shortly, I will let you know how it goes. The product claims to eliminate odor from your bowels entirely.

#4 theshape

theshape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

This is very interesting to me. I have a fecal body odor problem but I remember when I first got this body odor it was not fecal but a burning rubber type smell. I was at work and my co worker asked, "what is burning?". I had no idea it was me until the smell followed me everywhere. Eventually the smell became worst and ended up being fecal type.So far I am in a diet and only been eating vegetables and brown rice and I can now smell the burning smell. The fecal smell is still present but not as strong as before. If I can backtrack to the beginning maybe I can be cured. Well see.

#5 Item

Item

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

This is very interesting to me. I have a fecal body odor problem but I remember when I first got this body odor it was not fecal but a burning rubber type smell. I was at work and my co worker asked, "what is burning?". I had no idea it was me until the smell followed me everywhere. Eventually the smell became worst and ended up being fecal type.So far I am in a diet and only been eating vegetables and brown rice and I can now smell the burning smell. The fecal smell is still present but not as strong as before. If I can backtrack to the beginning maybe I can be cured. Well see.

I have a very similar situation to yours.I am quite confident that I isolated it to the brown rice. Apparently its not uncommon for brown rice to react badly to those with "IBS".Problem is that I need fibre to have properly formed stools, and insoluble fibre does not work well with me either, so I'm in a catch 22 where I need brown rice to have a good chance of good BMs, but am then plagued by an absolutely horrible smell (the burning rubber that ends up being quite fecal).I have no idea how to deal with this. But I hope my experience will help you make sense of yours.

#6 darryl

darryl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

I have a very similar situation to yours.I am quite confident that I isolated it to the brown rice. Apparently its not uncommon for brown rice to react badly to those with "IBS".Problem is that I need fibre to have properly formed stools, and insoluble fibre does not work well with me either, so I'm in a catch 22 where I need brown rice to have a good chance of good BMs, but am then plagued by an absolutely horrible smell (the burning rubber that ends up being quite fecal).I have no idea how to deal with this. But I hope my experience will help you make sense of yours.

It is definitely the brown rice, i had the same smell recently, but it made the amount of guess increase immensely, it is worth not having in my opinion. I am going to have the white rice, and get the fibre from vegetables and fruits, combined with enough water, and that will be enough to keep the system flowing nicely.

#7 Virgilaug

Virgilaug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

Ive had the burning smell too. No clue where its from.

#8 tidefan

tidefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

Ive had the burning smell too. No clue where its from.

I have had it too. I figure it's either some particular type of food that causes the burning smell or bacteria dying off.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here