Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,415 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

I use it for gas odor and it works for that.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 em71321

em71321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

HiHas anyone tried this ?..did it work?Fiona

I am a sufferer of both GERD and IBS-D, I used to live on Pepto for both. Anytime I would get any type of acid or IBS symptoms I would take a dose. Upon going to my doctor I was told to not use this and to seek alternate ways of controlling both. Pepto is not good for your intestinal track is what I was told. Some things that have helped me with my GERD is: eating small meals, eating at least 2 hours prior to bed and remain sitting up for the 2 hours, cutting back on caffeine intact, watching my diet by cutting out spicy food and greasy foods. Also I keep a basic Acid Reducer on hand, nothing special but I will take one every once in a while if I can't get my GERD to calm down. I was put on Nexium for a trial and if you can afford it and your GERD is pretty bad then I highly recommend it. My symptoms vanished within the first couple of days, but it is very expensive so I would check with your insurance company. I hope this helped and I hope you start feeling better.

#4 Fiona 123

Fiona 123

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

HiI'm in the UK so get Nexium on prescription from my doctor.Have been on it for 4 weeks now, and seem to be working. I have had gastritis. Now on domeridone as I have a problem with my stomach emptying - they think.Fiona x

#5 perdiddle

perdiddle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

I am a sufferer of both GERD and IBS-D, I used to live on Pepto for both. Anytime I would get any type of acid or IBS symptoms I would take a dose. Upon going to my doctor I was told to not use this and to seek alternate ways of controlling both. Pepto is not good for your intestinal track is what I was told. Some things that have helped me with my GERD is: eating small meals, eating at least 2 hours prior to bed and remain sitting up for the 2 hours, cutting back on caffeine intact, watching my diet by cutting out spicy food and greasy foods. Also I keep a basic Acid Reducer on hand, nothing special but I will take one every once in a while if I can't get my GERD to calm down. I was put on Nexium for a trial and if you can afford it and your GERD is pretty bad then I highly recommend it. My symptoms vanished within the first couple of days, but it is very expensive so I would check with your insurance company. I hope this helped and I hope you start feeling better.

#6 perdiddle

perdiddle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

=============Wow! I feel sorry for anyone who suffers with IBS or GERDs. I have watched my husband go thru over ten years of pain because of GERDS. It hasn't been very comfortable at all. Just thought I'd let you know that after being on a similar drug for such a long time(label says to only use for 6-8 weeks TOPs), the side effects of the drugs started coming forth. Because of all this, we started looking around for another answer and came across a super site that is a must to see. Here is where we got our answers. This really works... what a transformation. Take a look... Its a very informative site. Go Here! Don't Suffer Anymore!. Hey, I don't mean this to be a sales pitch....I just want to help others.Hope this helps you, too!!!!!!

#7 Miss_sarah89

Miss_sarah89

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

Im In the UK and i suffer with GERD and take omeprazole twice a day everyday. I still sometimes get heart burn and when I do it take Pepto- bismol.I find its much better than Gaviscon

#8 emily60

emily60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

HiI'm in the UK so get Nexium on prescription from my doctor.Have been on it for 4 weeks now, and seem to be working. I have had gastritis. Now on domeridone as I have a problem with my stomach emptying - they think.Fiona x

Hi Fiona, I have similar probs to you. How are you getting on?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here