12 replies to this topic

#1 joeyb

joeyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:20 AM

Advertisement
IF so did they help much to alleviate stomache cramping/pain?

Advertisement

#2 Jillywindy

Jillywindy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:32 AM

Not really. Just made me feel tired so I don't take them any more.

#3 joeyb

joeyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

hmmm...cheers for the fb...kinda hopin itd be good tho :/

#4 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I have tried antispasmodics,but unfortunately they did not help my pain,but remember we are all different,so maybe you should give them a try.There are a few kinds,so if one did not help,you can try another.

#5 babylon5

babylon5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

I was put on Mebeverine when my IBS was bad, it helped to relax the stomach muscles and slow the gastric system down. I only take it when my IBS is bad, not all the time.

#6 Fiona 123

Fiona 123

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

HiI was on spasmol which I found was good. made me a bit constipated thou.Good luck F x

#7 RKM06

RKM06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Peppermint is a natural anti-spasmodic. It comes in pills, oil, and tea so you can choose what you like. I think they all work great. I did take Bentyl for a while and it did help but I prefer to use natural remedies when I can.

#8 Champsleeve

Champsleeve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

I've also had good luck with peppermint. More natural remedies have helped me much more than any medications.

#9 fedup36

fedup36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi... I an also using peppermint in the form of Colpermin and have found it helps. I'm also going to switch to peppermint tea as well.

#10 Robin_W

Robin_W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

I recently went to the Dr.s and was diagnosed with IBS (I did a lot of research prior, including this website, so I was not surprised) I was prescribed CHLORD/CLIDI in a 5-2.5M capsule (Which, I believe, is the generic form of Librax), during the visit (Thankfully!) I wasn't even aware that medications existed to help calm symptoms of IBS. He also had me do a "stool card", to test for blood in my bowel movements, basically as a "double check" to make sure I don't have an infection or other disorder. (I haven't gotten the results back yet.)The Chlord/Clidi is part ant-spasm, part anxiety medicine. It has worked so far for me. I basically take it as needed up to three times a day. It does make me slightly drowsy, though. I can't say that it has completely eliminated my symptoms (my most troublesome was SEVERE cramping and pain. I'm talking, doubled over, sweating, pain), but when taken when I feel the pain coming on, it seems to take effect relatively quickly. It does seem to be an anti-diarrheal, to an extent, so I have yet to see regulated/normal stools, but I just started taking it. I hope this helps. :-)

#11 fluffyviolet

fluffyviolet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I went on Librax 2 weeks ago and it has been a miracle drug for me. I get pain and extreme tenderness and it has almost given me my life back. I have learned what foods cause horrible cramping and gas pain, so I stay away from all those now, so I rarely have those symptoms anymore. I can't handle fiber at all, and corn and wheat products really bother me. Basically I am on rice products and protein now. I just hope the Librax keeps working. I take it 3 times a day, and it doesn't really make me drowsy. I do sleep better now tho, and because of the anti-anxiety part I am much less stressed, I am not constantly worrying about my situation.

#12 Mnstn148

Mnstn148

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

I take Levsin (Hyoscyamine) when my spasms are very bad, I've only had that experience in 5 years of having IBS a few times. Each time the Levsin almost always helped the pain.

#13 phonakins

phonakins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

Buscopan has been my saviour when nothing else has been helping to get that edge off

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here