12 replies to this topic

#1 joeyb

joeyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:20 AM

Advertisement
IF so did they help much to alleviate stomache cramping/pain?

Advertisement

#2 Jillywindy

Jillywindy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:32 AM

Not really. Just made me feel tired so I don't take them any more.

#3 joeyb

joeyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

hmmm...cheers for the fb...kinda hopin itd be good tho :/

#4 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I have tried antispasmodics,but unfortunately they did not help my pain,but remember we are all different,so maybe you should give them a try.There are a few kinds,so if one did not help,you can try another.

#5 babylon5

babylon5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

I was put on Mebeverine when my IBS was bad, it helped to relax the stomach muscles and slow the gastric system down. I only take it when my IBS is bad, not all the time.

#6 Fiona 123

Fiona 123

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

HiI was on spasmol which I found was good. made me a bit constipated thou.Good luck F x

#7 RKM06

RKM06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Peppermint is a natural anti-spasmodic. It comes in pills, oil, and tea so you can choose what you like. I think they all work great. I did take Bentyl for a while and it did help but I prefer to use natural remedies when I can.

#8 Champsleeve

Champsleeve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

I've also had good luck with peppermint. More natural remedies have helped me much more than any medications.

#9 fedup36

fedup36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi... I an also using peppermint in the form of Colpermin and have found it helps. I'm also going to switch to peppermint tea as well.

#10 Robin_W

Robin_W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

I recently went to the Dr.s and was diagnosed with IBS (I did a lot of research prior, including this website, so I was not surprised) I was prescribed CHLORD/CLIDI in a 5-2.5M capsule (Which, I believe, is the generic form of Librax), during the visit (Thankfully!) I wasn't even aware that medications existed to help calm symptoms of IBS. He also had me do a "stool card", to test for blood in my bowel movements, basically as a "double check" to make sure I don't have an infection or other disorder. (I haven't gotten the results back yet.)The Chlord/Clidi is part ant-spasm, part anxiety medicine. It has worked so far for me. I basically take it as needed up to three times a day. It does make me slightly drowsy, though. I can't say that it has completely eliminated my symptoms (my most troublesome was SEVERE cramping and pain. I'm talking, doubled over, sweating, pain), but when taken when I feel the pain coming on, it seems to take effect relatively quickly. It does seem to be an anti-diarrheal, to an extent, so I have yet to see regulated/normal stools, but I just started taking it. I hope this helps. :-)

#11 fluffyviolet

fluffyviolet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I went on Librax 2 weeks ago and it has been a miracle drug for me. I get pain and extreme tenderness and it has almost given me my life back. I have learned what foods cause horrible cramping and gas pain, so I stay away from all those now, so I rarely have those symptoms anymore. I can't handle fiber at all, and corn and wheat products really bother me. Basically I am on rice products and protein now. I just hope the Librax keeps working. I take it 3 times a day, and it doesn't really make me drowsy. I do sleep better now tho, and because of the anti-anxiety part I am much less stressed, I am not constantly worrying about my situation.

#12 Mnstn148

Mnstn148

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

I take Levsin (Hyoscyamine) when my spasms are very bad, I've only had that experience in 5 years of having IBS a few times. Each time the Levsin almost always helped the pain.

#13 phonakins

phonakins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

Buscopan has been my saviour when nothing else has been helping to get that edge off

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here