Advertisement

Photo

Has anyone experience this with bad bout of ibs symptoms?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LadyM

LadyM

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 12:41 PM

Advertisement
Good Morning to all. I have a question. Do you ever settle sore after a bad episode with ibs symptoms. I have done this before. Last evening I ate some fruit, cherries, bananas and grapes together and I became very gassy in my lower gi tract. I had alot of muscous discharge, pain(my bowels were in spasms)and little normal bowel movements every time I went to bathroom to pee. I had already had a good bm yesterday. I knew last night in the way my left side was hurting that I was going to settle sore. I have done this before. Sometimes I will settle sore on the right. Does anyone know why this happens? I had a good bm about ten minutes after I got up this morning. Usually I don't have a bm until 30 minutes after I eat. It was a normal bm, maybe a little on the soft side. My left side is really sore and my right is a little too. I am bloated only in the lower gi tract. Left side feels a little more bloated than right. Could it be trapped gas? I mean I could have blowed up last night I was so gassy. I probably will have to sit with a heating pad on my lower tummy area today. Well was just wondering if anyone else has experience this time of soreness after an episode of bad gas and pain in lower bowels. Have a good day.

Advertisement

#2 crankypants

crankypants

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 12:55 PM

This all sounds familiar, Lady M. I'm 50 and was diagnosed with IBS at 40, but probably had it much longer. So after a lot of years with these episodes I'm pretty much "sore" all the time. (Well, OK, I also have endometriosis and uterine fibroids which doesn't help matters. But I do "settle sore" after an attack.)In a way, I think, it makes sense... If you overdo something, be it housework, yard work, sports, or weight lifting, and you hold your muscles tense against too much resistance for too long, what happens? The muscles are sore afterward. Perhaps it's the same with the colon--if it spasms too much, too long, residual soreness results. Plausible?
I'm not here to argue.

#3 LadyM

LadyM

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 04:09 PM

Cranky, it does sound pausible that soreness would settle. My bowels were moving alot last night. I could feel the gas moving. I feel really ill today. So sore in my left side. I am trying to figure out what caused it. It had to be the fruit or maybe the half of bottle of root beer I drunk. I just don't know. I am also on antibotics where I went to the denists. I have MVP and have to take antibotics for a week when I have dental work done. I could have taken the antibotics all at once but figure my tummy would not be able to handle that. I not really have alot of upper discomfort except sometimes I feel like I want to throw up. Yesterday when this all started I had an upset tummy for a little while. Last night it was all lower distress symptoms. Any thoughts anyone what caused this? No extra stress or nothing like that. I have read about antibotics causing some type of problem in the bowels? Maybe my amoxil is the culprit to why this set up. Well off to a heating pad Posted Image

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here