Advertisement

Photo

manuka honey for SIBO - how much, how often?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neukoln

neukoln

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

Advertisement
Hi thereIn one of Polly's posts she mentioned that Manuka honey is really effective for killing E Coli. I've been searching the web for suggestions for dosages of Manuka honey - specifically when you take it, and how much. The only protocol I can find is from a Manuka honey supplier, which doesn't necessarily mean that folk have tried this (unlike recommendations from IBS communities).Does anyone have any experience/success with Manuka honey? If so, how have you been taking it?Here [Manuka Honey USA] they say to have it on an inch-square piece of bread, 1/2 an hour before food. I'm wondering why that might be? Can anyone guess?Anyway, here is their recommendation. Any comments?"Take 1 teaspoon of Active Manuka Honey 3-4 times per day on a small square inch size piece of bread, toast or bagel, 20 minutes before meals, to coat out the internal tract including the irritable bowel."Thanks!N x

Advertisement

#2 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

"Does anyone have any experience/success with Manuka honey? If so, how have you been taking it?"I have experience. I took it for months. I felt better when I stopped. Play around with it and see what it does for you.

#3 neukoln

neukoln

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

That's not very encouraging - but thanks very muchPerhaps you have a fructose intolerance?N x

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here