Advertisement

Photo

manuka honey for SIBO - how much, how often?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neukoln

neukoln

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

Advertisement
Hi thereIn one of Polly's posts she mentioned that Manuka honey is really effective for killing E Coli. I've been searching the web for suggestions for dosages of Manuka honey - specifically when you take it, and how much. The only protocol I can find is from a Manuka honey supplier, which doesn't necessarily mean that folk have tried this (unlike recommendations from IBS communities).Does anyone have any experience/success with Manuka honey? If so, how have you been taking it?Here [Manuka Honey USA] they say to have it on an inch-square piece of bread, 1/2 an hour before food. I'm wondering why that might be? Can anyone guess?Anyway, here is their recommendation. Any comments?"Take 1 teaspoon of Active Manuka Honey 3-4 times per day on a small square inch size piece of bread, toast or bagel, 20 minutes before meals, to coat out the internal tract including the irritable bowel."Thanks!N x

Advertisement

#2 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

"Does anyone have any experience/success with Manuka honey? If so, how have you been taking it?"I have experience. I took it for months. I felt better when I stopped. Play around with it and see what it does for you.

#3 neukoln

neukoln

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

That's not very encouraging - but thanks very muchPerhaps you have a fructose intolerance?N x

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here