#1 CatUK

CatUK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

Advertisement
I have daily permanant pain from gas and it also makes me feel really sick being that full of it all the time. I can get it from in my throat to all the way down to wear it comes out at the bottom. I am in constant pain with popping, gurgling (really violent movements), what feels like one big spasm in my lower abdomen and in the lower back at the same time (when I have that pain it's there all the time, not coming and going like IBS spasms can do but just one big what feels like knot of gas). No matter how much I fart (sorry lol) I still have loads of gas and I can't remember a day I've not been in pain with it. I've had full blood tests which were all normal apart from a slightly raised ESR level. Had chest x-ray which was normal. My stomach has been pressed and Dr can't feel anything abnormal. Have tried merbentyl, buscopan, windeze, various probiotics, yoghurt drinks, charcoal capsules etc and nothing takes away the gas. I've cut out various foods etc to test for intolerance which didn't help (did with dairy for 2 weeks then pain came back again).I just can't take the feeling of feeling full of gas all the time, I feel sick because of it and so lethargic. I've been stressing it could be an ovarian problem as I've heard that can cause a lot of gas but don't want checking for that as would rather not know (I have a hospital phobia so wouldn't have an op etc anyway).Is anyone else in constant pain with gas? I have so much of it and feel really bloated but don't look it, infact my stomach is flat as a pancake which is weird as I sometimes feel so big, just don't look it.

Advertisement

#2 claire_louise

claire_louise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

I'm really sorry you're struggling Cat, I'm much the same at times. It's funny you mention your tummy being flat, as mine seems to sink inwards rather than bloating out when my IBS is at it's worst. My clothes become noticeably looser and my stomach feels very tight, so it basically looks and feels like there's something invisible pressing down on it.Have you been tested for coeliac disease? That's a common cause of bloating. Also sugar is a huge culprit so keep that down as much as you can. Fennel or peppermint tea helps some people...but I'm sure I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here! Maybe it's worth talking to your doctor about the ovarian thing? What is it that you think it could be?

#3 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,857 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

Usually with ovarian bloating their is constant distension, not just a feeling of excessive fullness. People can actually be as big around as someone 9 months pregnant.Pain can be from colon activity rather than being full of gas, so if gas reduction techniques do nothing for the pain I would assume more of a colon activity thing than you are too full of gas.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#4 CatUK

CatUK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:58 AM

Thanks for the replies :(It just feels like gas because I have constant popping all across my lower abdomen and am very windy. I get really bad stabbing pains low down on the right (which made me think of my ovary) and sometimes spasms other times just a constant tummy ache pain. I read the left side is common for pain with IBS so was worried that mine is all over on the really low right. I can push that area and feel no lumps or anything and it very rarely hurts to push.I've tried fennel capusles, been tested for celiac which was negative. Can't drink peppermint tea because of my acid reflux but have tried colpermin which doesn't help.I just don't know what to do with the pain as it's always there, not the spasms as they are not often but the constant achy type pain is just horrible. I just feel so uncomfortable, it sort of feels like a burning type ache. Painkillers don't help it and neither do antispasmodics (probably because the pain isn't a spasm). Also tried eating bland which doesn't help.

#5 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,857 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

Are you willing or do you have a doctor that will try a low dose antidepressant? (they do more than just depression and they often block inappropriate pain signals).
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#6 CatUK

CatUK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

I've been on about 7 different anti d's over the past 3 years for my depression and none have helped with that so my Dr doesn't want me on them again as she thinks they are not for me :(

#7 f_romania

f_romania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

I have daily permanant pain from gas and it also makes me feel really sick being that full of it all the time. I can get it from in my throat to all the way down to wear it comes out at the bottom. I am in constant pain with popping, gurgling (really violent movements), what feels like one big spasm in my lower abdomen and in the lower back at the same time (when I have that pain it's there all the time, not coming and going like IBS spasms can do but just one big what feels like knot of gas). No matter how much I fart (sorry lol) I still have loads of gas and I can't remember a day I've not been in pain with it. I've had full blood tests which were all normal apart from a slightly raised ESR level. Had chest x-ray which was normal. My stomach has been pressed and Dr can't feel anything abnormal. Have tried merbentyl, buscopan, windeze, various probiotics, yoghurt drinks, charcoal capsules etc and nothing takes away the gas. I've cut out various foods etc to test for intolerance which didn't help (did with dairy for 2 weeks then pain came back again).I just can't take the feeling of feeling full of gas all the time, I feel sick because of it and so lethargic. I've been stressing it could be an ovarian problem as I've heard that can cause a lot of gas but don't want checking for that as would rather not know (I have a hospital phobia so wouldn't have an op etc anyway).Is anyone else in constant pain with gas? I have so much of it and feel really bloated but don't look it, infact my stomach is flat as a pancake which is weird as I sometimes feel so big, just don't look it.

Hi Cat! I know how you feel (well... except the ovaries, I'm a guy =)) ) Try Wobenzym 2-3 tablets 2-3 times a day... And then tell me how you feel... I think you should be able to find it in England... Good luck!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here