No replies to this topic

#1 JOD47

JOD47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

Advertisement
I have had Levator Spasms for the last 18 years. I have seen many doctors,tried a lot of medication, and seen two physical therapists. The only thing I haven't tried is botox. Botox helps some people and in some people, it makes the spasms worse.Several months ago, I ran across a forum called TIPNA. They said ther are two nerves that run down through each buttock and they branch off to the levator muscle.When these muscles are inflamed or pinched, they cause the levator muscle to go into a spasm. This made a lot of sense to me since nothing has worked.The only way to correct this problem is surgery. I don't care much for surgery, but I would try anything to get rid of this terrible problem.Most of the people that has levator spasms has IBS.The are only 3 teams of doctors that do this type of surgery,one team is in France, a team in Houston,Tx and a team in Phoenix Arizona.Several of the posts described my symptoms exactly.

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here