Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Anus fluid leakage and odor

70K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tsc2345 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I dont even really know what to do anymore. So basically around 5 months ago these problems started. i would be sitting in class and i would notice my butt would feel a little moist so id run into the bathroom to see that there was a little mark of wetness on my boxers. i thought nothing of it maybe it was just ass sweat. anyways it goes on for a couple weeks until i work up the courage to talk to my mom about it. at the time i was smoking cigarettes weed and drinking coffee with not too good of a diet. anyways i quit all of that trying to better my self but it never got better. i went in did blood tests, stool tests, x rays , and even a sigmioscopy (not colon scopy but the one where they dont go that far) all i was told was i had hemmorrhoidal tags.so i thought maybe the hemmorrhoids were causing this fluid to leak out , because at a time the hemmorrhoids were prolapsed. So heres a couple symtoms basically i had alot of side aches in my lower left stomach alot and right side sometimes too. sometimes it feels like its a burning sensation in my stomach going onother times it just aches. sometimes when i go to use the bathroom, i will have the worst burning in the anus area. like the diarrhea was terrible pain.if i have diarrhea i will have to go back to the bathroom just to wipe up because it will still have remains there.im not sure if its teh fluid causing this.But all i know is there shouldnt be #### leaking out. and after i pass stool sometimes the pain will go away.At times it feels like my anus varies in consistancy of tightness. like if i have to pass stool or something it will be a gaping hole and after i go its like all tight again. i also notice near the anus area closest to the gooch area, there is like stretched skin kind of , like a little piece of skin, but i dont think i should be able to see the raw red parts of the anus.the other side of the anus has a bit of stretched skin too. so i was thinking it was some kind of fissure but the doctors just shoot me down when i start taking guesses. i dont want it to like tear more to find out it acctually was something they could have fixed.The leakage has got so bad that the back of my boxers have huge wet spots when i wake up in the morning. The leakage happens after i eat and also when ever im in need to use the bathroomSo my question is do you guys think its more of a stomach thing causing this fluid to leak, or do you think its just my anus is damaged and is like trying to remoisturize all the stuff because i think something might be minorly prolapsed but after going to the doctor, and having them treating me like a mystery case , im starting to lose hope. any comments and advice are appreciated. but i cant deal with this much longer i smell like poop all the time and im having trouble socializing with just about anyone..help me out people

See less See more
#2 ·
Usually if there is leakage there is a problem right at the outlet (things like having diarrhea don't help matters any) but you should have that checked out to see if there is something they can do something about.If that doctor didn't do any good make sure you go to someone that will do pelvic floor testing to see if anything really is prolapsed or if your sphincter strength isn't enough to maintain being closed.

#5 ·
i hope this is the case bcause im pretty sure i cant just 'deal with it' the rest of my life. like whether or not this heals pretty much tells me where my future is headed.im only 18 and my life is damaged pretty bad already by this.thanks for your reply

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Surgery is not the one and only option. They do biofeedback and other things to effect how the pelvic floor functions so it holds tight when it should be tight (and the other way will relax when you want it to).However a minor problem in the upper GI tract (or by stomach do you mean anywhere in the GI tract like the colon) usually doesn't cause leakage out the other end.

#8 ·
***** MAY HAVE FOUND POTENTIAL CURE *****

Hi guys, I just created my account to post this... I have been suffering the exact same problem for over 3 years now and it has been driving me crazy.

It seemed to be particularly bad straight after eating food and drinking coffee - and I was constantly trying to avoid eating certain foods etc I felt triggered it.

In the last 2 weeks I have not changed anything in my diet, and my problem seems to have disappeared. What's changed?

***** I MOVED COUNTRY AND AM NOW DRINKING DIFFERENT TAP WATER ********

I have lived in Australia for the last 3.5 years, and it was during this time I first developed the problem... The water tastes quite a lot different from back home in the UK (more chlorine or different chemicals?). I have been back home in the UK (with a v similar diet) and the problem seems to have stopped. I am even drinking lots of coffee to try and 'trigger' it and nothing!! I have since concluded that it's not the food or coffee that was causing it... but the water I was drinking when eating (almost always tap water) and the water in the coffee!

I haven't seen anyone post anything like this so I'm hoping that I've discovered a potential cause which will help people be rid of the problem.

What country are you from? Maybe try swapping to bottled water - including for coffee etc?! Couple this with Fiber tablets (I had some success with these before I came back - although I am not having to use them now) and I HOPE I can help someone.

What country is everyone from? Do you drink the tap water? A lot of beverages / ice etc all use tap water.... I really hope this helps someone !

Tom :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.