Advertisement

Photo

Nissen fundoplication ......... SHOULD I GO FOR IT?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 astlavista

astlavista

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

Advertisement
hi there,Nissen fundoplication. Is it a good surgical option? I mean, what I have heard from my doc is that NF has 3 adverse side effects - mild, not so mild, and severe. However, the doc assured me that severe side effects are noticed in only 2% of the patients who undergo this surgrery. I suffer from severe reflux and heartburn, coupled with excessive burping and loss of appetite for days at a stretch. i have tried all the best PPIs but none has worked. i have made all the lifestyle changes possible and have even tried alternative therapires like homeopathy, ayurveda, etc. But NOTHING has worked for me.I have heard that some of the side effects of NF are difficulty in burping and bloating of the stomach, with a return of reflux after some years, which can however be suppressed with PPIs. Now my Question is: What I am suffering now is really agonizing.......... so if I undergo surgery, will the suffering be worse than what I am suffering now, or will I experience a slight/better/significant improvement in my condition.

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here