#1 TummyDepressed

TummyDepressed

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Advertisement
Hi All.... Have not been on for a while. I was never a major contributor, but thought some of you may be interested in a diagnosis I have received.... it may help.I have always suffered from feeling incomplete. BM's take me forever and I am always in abdominal pain afterwards.After a couple of sessions of Bio-Feedback, I have been diagnosed with Levator Ani Syndrome... it is basically a dysfunction of the pelvic floor. This also explains frequent urination and that 'sitting on a golf ball' feeling.My Levator Ani muscle is in spasm, constantly. The more I try to force it, the worse it gets. Treatment revolves around relaxation, (intrusive) massage and lessons on how to 'push' appropriately.I have seen some improvement. I think some of this is a result of going back on a regular diet. I am not playing around with high fibre alternatives to gluten/wheat. But I do feel generally a bit better, although it is still very early days.The only thing that is a bit weird is that my first BM of the day is generally a more successful affair. I am evacuating better. My problem now is with the 'tiniest' stools. I sometimes feel these are left over or try to pass through me as the day moves on. They are hard to pass though... perhaps because they are so small, and perhaps hard/dry. The longer I wait when I get the urge to pass these the worse it gets. Sorry to be so graphic.Does anybody know what causes tiny or micro stools. Literally as small as 2-3cm but that still cause discomfort....

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here