Advertisement

Photo

If you have fecal/garbage/fishy odor read this....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 juno

juno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

Advertisement
Please do a google search for TMAU. Its a rare metabolic disorder that involves a missing enzyme in your liver. It's incredibly rare...but research says it might not be as rare as they think because most people dont get tested. The only symptom is a really bad odor. It comes from eating foods high in choline. Please please I beg you, if you have a horrible odor (and im not talking about smelly armpits or anything normal like that) please research this disorder. there are support groups online. I had fecal odor for 10 years before finding out what the cause was. There is no cure but you can manage it with supplements and diet. I cried when i finally realized what i had. the worst part was not knowing why i smelled so bad! I hope this helps some of you.Here is some info from wiki.Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome[1], is a rare metabolic disorder that causes a defect in the normal production of the enzyme Flavin containing monooxygenase 3 (FMO3).[2][3] When FMO3 is not working correctly or if not enough enzyme is produced, the body loses the ability to properly break down trimethylamine (TMA) from precursor compounds in food digestion into trimethylamine oxide (TMAO) through a process called N-oxygenation. Trimethylamine then builds up and is released in the person's sweat, urine, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor or strong body odor. The odor is not necessarily fishy, and the type of odor can vary from time to time. In that sense, the nicknames referring solely to a fishy odor are misnomers.

Advertisement

#2 Constinker

Constinker

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

That's a pretty well known condition on these boards, and I'd get checked out myself if I wasn't sure it was coming from my ass. The greatest evidence is I smell especially bad a few hours before passing stool, and if there's residual stool in there, sometime for a few hours after.

#3 tidefan

tidefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

yep. we've been down this road. thanks for posting but I actually think a lot of us on this forum today are suffering from fecal odor from the anus.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here