2 replies to this topic

#1 JCEBV

JCEBV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

Advertisement
Greetings All: First visited this board in 2007 posted that I had been experiencing Lower abdominal pain which was cramp like and constant, moves around but most constant in the left and center. This lasts for days at a time and very rarely goes away. At best I can notice it when leaning over something, but usually it hurts even without touch. I had a decent workup, Upper GI, colonoscopy and bloodwork which lead to no real diagnosis. I had previously had an upper endoscopy which showed mild reflux.I've assumed right a long that I have Gerd and IBS.My recent flare of symptoms has thrown me for a loop. Been having gnawing pain all over the abdomen lower left most prominent but center, right and lower right as well. This has been going on for about 3 weeks straight. I have had no constipation. I have had D for probably 3 days during the whole flare. Accompanying this is constant feeling of dull nausea, and a hard bloated stomach. I would say the pain is a 5 out of 10 but it is so consistent. I would say one or two days out of the past three weeks, I thought it was subsiding only to come right back.I've been juicing fresh ginger once per day which definitely helps almost right away but the relief fades over the next hours. I took a hot bath which helped me realize how tight my stomach muscles were. It was hard to relax them, and I could feel the tension but I eventually did and got some additional minor relief. Would this be considered abdominal rigidity, or does it just sound like IBS bloating?All in all does this sound like IBS? Considering the workup that I had a few years back, I'm hesitant to call the Doc and start again, but maybe it it time? Thoughts greatly appreciated,J

Advertisement

#2 JCEBV

JCEBV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Greetings All: First visited this board in 2007 posted that I had been experiencing Lower abdominal pain which was cramp like and constant, moves around but most constant in the left and center. This lasts for days at a time and very rarely goes away. At best I can notice it when leaning over something, but usually it hurts even without touch. I had a decent workup, Upper GI, colonoscopy and bloodwork which lead to no real diagnosis. I had previously had an upper endoscopy which showed mild reflux.I've assumed right a long that I have Gerd and IBS.My recent flare of symptoms has thrown me for a loop. Been having gnawing pain all over the abdomen lower left most prominent but center, right and lower right as well. This has been going on for about 3 weeks straight. I have had no constipation. I have had D for probably 3 days during the whole flare. Accompanying this is constant feeling of dull nausea, and a hard bloated stomach. I would say the pain is a 5 out of 10 but it is so consistent. I would say one or two days out of the past three weeks, I thought it was subsiding only to come right back.I've been juicing fresh ginger once per day which definitely helps almost right away but the relief fades over the next hours. I took a hot bath which helped me realize how tight my stomach muscles were. It was hard to relax them, and I could feel the tension but I eventually did and got some additional minor relief. Would this be considered abdominal rigidity, or does it just sound like IBS bloating?All in all does this sound like IBS? Considering the workup that I had a few years back, I'm hesitant to call the Doc and start again, but maybe it it time? Thoughts greatly appreciated,J

Anyone have any thoughts?

#3 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,226 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

Anytime you have significant symptom changes it is always good to run them by your Dr. Only you can determine if the changes are significant to warrant this. As far as major invasive testing .... I doubt it would be necessary from what you have reported. But ask your Dr if these are BIG changes for you. What you reported could be just plain old IBS too.You could try Ginger caps which would probably lasty longer than tea etc. And also try Peppermint Capsules to help relax some of the cramping. Also maybe try using an antigas agent with your meals.All the best
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here