8 replies to this topic

#1 Pink Violet

Pink Violet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Advertisement
I've looked around almost everywhere for this answer and came up with nothing so I'm hoping that everyone here can help me out.How long can an IBS flare up last for? So far, I'm going onto three weeks straight. Some days are better then others but I just wish it would just go away so I can feel normal again. The gas and cramps are the worse and it leaves a person feeling so tired and drained.

Advertisement

#2 debbie38london

debbie38london

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

my flare up has been going on months, im so tired and drained had full blood count done all normal , tried every diet going none helped , have you any treatment done ibs is horrid

#3 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Mine lasted for 10 years until I found something to lower the inflammatory response.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#4 Pink Violet

Pink Violet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

Wow! I had no idea it could last for so long! This is not good at all. What I'm going through right now is the longest its lasted for me and that's a month. Normally, it'll linger around for maybe at the most, two weeks and then it disappears for several months. I don't know what caused it to last so long this time. My diet hasn't changed at all so I'm guessing that my erratic hormones is the cause.You know, I can put up with the diarrhea and even the cramping but the one thing I wish I could completely get rid of is the gas. That has to be the worst. :(

#5 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

I just try to let it out when either totally, totally alone (other than my wife: we play with them like a tennis match) or when in such a large crowd that no one can pin it on me. No big deal if I don't have to worry about D anymore.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#6 Jackmat

Jackmat

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

I just try to let it out when either totally, totally alone...or when in such a large crowd that no one can pin it on me.

And so that they don't trace the source, I'll bet you keep moving, Mark :-)
J A C K M A T

MY RECOVERY STORY ...... http://www.ibsgroup....535#entry810535

#7 Pink Violet

Pink Violet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

I started a little experiment about two days ago because all of the symptoms I was having are the exact symptoms of lactose intolerance.After doing this experiment, I strongly think that what I have is actually lactose intolerance and not IBS. If I avoided milk, I had no symptoms whatsoever yet when I drank a glass of milk, about an hour or two later, I would be in pain and the diarrhea and gas would come back at full force.I'll be going to the doctor to get a test done on this to make sure but I really think I've narrowed down what the problem is.Thank you to everyone who had posted to help me. :)

#8 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Yay! And when you find out just how much CO2 gets released by factory farms, not to mention what they do to those animals before they kill them, you might want to give up a few more things. (There is no such thing as IBS, it's just too expensive to test for everything.)Mark

#9 stevefriel

stevefriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

I've been having Diarrhea on and off for the past 3 weeks then Constipation the other days but it's mostly Diarrhea. Been having Diarrhea the past three days. Last night I had to go that much I felt like I was going to collapse and take a seizure had to end up taking a Diazepam to chill my nerves then it calmed down thankfully. I hate my life big time. Had to go to the toilet about ten times today and probably will be more BM's to come. Been thinking suicidal again because I ain't improving and seem to be getting worse with the IBS. I have no social life anymore :( Makes me so mad.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here