#1 hasenfuss

hasenfuss

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Advertisement
I am confused what I read on the Internet. Sometimes I read that coffee makes you bloated and than I read that it's a diuretic and makes you loose water weight. I feel terrible bloated lately and I don't know what to do. I am already drinking peppermint tea, fennel tea and I take x-las. I know I should drink more water ( I just forget sometimes) Would that help ? Any advice about coffein.

Advertisement

#2 faze action

faze action

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

You can try and see if it helps... I kind of doubt that it will (imo). I drink coffee every day and bloating is my worst IBS symptom. I actually tried quitting coffee for 4-6 weeks last year to see if it would help and it made no difference at all with my IBS.Caffeine is a diuretic and will dehydrate you, but coffee can also irritate the GI tract in some people.

#3 soiledshorts

soiledshorts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'd be careful drinking too much coffee. Caffiene can be hard on the digestive system, making IBS symptoms more pronounced.

I am confused what I read on the Internet. Sometimes I read that coffee makes you bloated and than I read that it's a diuretic and makes you loose water weight. I feel terrible bloated lately and I don't know what to do. I am already drinking peppermint tea, fennel tea and I take x-las. I know I should drink more water ( I just forget sometimes) Would that help ? Any advice about coffein.

5-year+ Ulcerative Colitis Sufferer, started using www.AloeElite.com Supplements and so far so good.

Follow my journey in getting rid of my Ulcerative Colitis on my personal blog: www.soiledshorts.com.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here