1 reply to this topic

#1 Genie75

Genie75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Advertisement
As crazy as this may sounds, plain potato chips help me!!! I have been very sick for othe past year. I got NovoVirus one year ago and my digestive system never recovered from it. I was on a high protein/liquids/fiber free diet (except for bananas) for the past year as that's the only way I could manage to get any food into me w/o pain and suffering and being on toilet all the time. I could not even eat plain yogurt anymore w/o pain. I had to juice all my fruits to avoid fiber (pain). So... I have found that potato chips get rid of the pain. I am able to eat plain yogurt with potato chips and no pain. My stools have stabilized. IT's not the same if I eat a regular baked potato tho. Doesn't quite work as well. It seems to be the combination of the soluble fiber with the infused oil that seems to stabilize my gut. I am very surprised cause potato chips are supposed to be junk food, yet if I eat some every day, I am now able to add other foods back into my diet (like dark chocolate) w/o the pain and suffereing and mucus stools. So there you have it.
======================================================================

=======================================================================

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,260 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

Lucky you!! :D May your success continue!
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here