1 reply to this topic

#1 Genie75

Genie75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Advertisement
As crazy as this may sounds, plain potato chips help me!!! I have been very sick for othe past year. I got NovoVirus one year ago and my digestive system never recovered from it. I was on a high protein/liquids/fiber free diet (except for bananas) for the past year as that's the only way I could manage to get any food into me w/o pain and suffering and being on toilet all the time. I could not even eat plain yogurt anymore w/o pain. I had to juice all my fruits to avoid fiber (pain). So... I have found that potato chips get rid of the pain. I am able to eat plain yogurt with potato chips and no pain. My stools have stabilized. IT's not the same if I eat a regular baked potato tho. Doesn't quite work as well. It seems to be the combination of the soluble fiber with the infused oil that seems to stabilize my gut. I am very surprised cause potato chips are supposed to be junk food, yet if I eat some every day, I am now able to add other foods back into my diet (like dark chocolate) w/o the pain and suffereing and mucus stools. So there you have it.
======================================================================

=======================================================================

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

Lucky you!! :D May your success continue!
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here