Advertisement

Photo

I'm 90% sure this wetness/sweating around my anus has something to do with my odor

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 rr30

rr30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

Advertisement
Hello there, I think I might have found what is causing my odor... Basically, everytime I seem to stink my anus feels wet/moist. I am not sure if it is sweat (could easily be), but seems to be concentrated around my anal region (whilst often the rest of my body feels dry although I can sweat a lot- the thing which makes me think it might be sweat is ebcause it seems a little worse when anxious. Usually my boxers are wet, sometimes even within 10 minutes of changing into a clean set of clothes after I have had a shower and dried myself all over. It doesn't make sense, why am I getting so much sweat or whatever, which feels almost like a leaking feeling when it does occur. I can only smell the odor myself when I wipe myself, as I do to constantly dry my anus as it feels really damp, and the wet patch which often appears on my boxers doesn't smell like sweat, more like ###### ?!?! What is happening? I will list all of my symptoms, and if anyone could help me that would be great!!
  • "Leaking" feeling - sweat/mositure - mostly colourless, seems to be causing odor, worse when anxious - this really bothers me as I believe the odor seems to start when this starts - people only seem to react when I get this feeling
  • The urge to empty my bowels if often strong, not a gradual feeling like I used to get
  • I get much more gas than I used to, often straight after eating
  • I get a sort of belching, though quite mild
  • Bowel habits are unpredictable, sometimes constipated so miss a day, sometimes go 2 or 3 times within a short a period
  • Stools are often wierd shapes, often broken up into pieces, even though I consider myself to have a decent diet, often thin, sometimes small ball shapes
  • Nearly always feel a stool, even if small, left inside me, which I can't get rid of until the next toilet visit
  • My anus sometimes feels relaxed, especially after a toilet visit, as if it hasn't closed properly, but problem with sweating/moisture in this region seems to happen even when it doesn't feel relaxed so don't think that is causing it
  • My bowels seem "noisier" than usual
  • Other problems include that yes I have always sweated a lot, especially suffering with clammy palms and sweaty feet, although they can be fairly dry and my anus feels really wet

Advertisement

#2 faze action

faze action

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

This is a wild guess: animals (dogs and cats) have anal glands that release odor when they defecate, etc. This is a way for the animal to "mark its territory" because feces will rapidly degarde in the environment, but the odor will remain, marking the animal's scent. I am not sure if people also have these glands, but I suspect we do. We often do not smell them because they naturally express when we use the toilet. Perhaps your are "over active" in some way? Also, in animals, the anal glands can express when the animal is under stress (I used to work in an animal hospital, and this would happen with dogs sometimes when they entered the clinic).

#3 rfairfield

rfairfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Listen...Its caused primarily by yeast, and an imbalance in your intestional ecology...probably from anti biotic use.I suffered from all this for 20 years, but knocked it into remission myself after giving up on doctors.I understand the paranoia as well.Yes, other people can smell this.Caprylic acidPsycilium fiber for the yeast...twice daily for 2 years.SauerkrautGrapefruit seed extractOregano Oil for the bad bacteria.The Sauerkraut works best of all, and its the cheapest. It saddens me to see all these people going around in circles, like I once did.This can be fixed, and you will need to do this yourself.Stay away from Probiotics, sugar, perscription drugs and over the counter medication. I once was so bad I had to quit my job.But I no longer suffer. Doctors did not help me one bit. The answers are here...Its up to you.This is where it starts, but tweak it with your own research...And...good luck.

Hello there, I think I might have found what is causing my odor... Basically, everytime I seem to stink my anus feels wet/moist. I am not sure if it is sweat (could easily be), but seems to be concentrated around my anal region (whilst often the rest of my body feels dry although I can sweat a lot- the thing which makes me think it might be sweat is ebcause it seems a little worse when anxious. Usually my boxers are wet, sometimes even within 10 minutes of changing into a clean set of clothes after I have had a shower and dried myself all over. It doesn't make sense, why am I getting so much sweat or whatever, which feels almost like a leaking feeling when it does occur. I can only smell the odor myself when I wipe myself, as I do to constantly dry my anus as it feels really damp, and the wet patch which often appears on my boxers doesn't smell like sweat, more like ###### ?!?! What is happening? I will list all of my symptoms, and if anyone could help me that would be great!!

• "Leaking" feeling - sweat/mositure - mostly colourless, seems to be causing odor, worse when anxious - this really bothers me as I believe the odor seems to start when this starts - people only seem to react when I get this feeling
  • The urge to empty my bowels if often strong, not a gradual feeling like I used to get
  • Bowel habits are unpredictable, sometimes constipated so miss a day, sometimes go 2 or 3 times within a short a period
  • Stools are often wierd shapes, often broken up into pieces, even though I consider myself to have a decent diet, often thin, sometimes small ball shapes
  • Nearly always feel a stool, even if small, left inside me, which I can't get rid of until the next toilet visit
  • My anus sometimes feels relaxed, especially after a toilet visit, as if it hasn't closed properly, but problem with sweating/moisture in this region seems to happen even when it doesn't feel relaxed so don't think that is causing it
  • Other problems include that yes I have always sweated a lot, especially suffering with clammy palms and sweaty feet, although they can be fairly dry and my anus feels really wet

#4 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,274 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

rfairfield

Its caused primarily by yeast, and an imbalance in your intestional ecology

Actually it isn't known yet what "causes" IBS in all cases.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#5 mommyofbandits

mommyofbandits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

It's not a cure, but if you're worried about the smell, you might try wearing panty liners. I know that could be very strange, but some of the incontinence products are made to mask smells almost entirely. Until you find a cure, it might make you feel more comfortable going in public. And if you feel strange purchasing such items, order them from amazon, they seel practically anything!

#6 MIRMAK

MIRMAK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

I also have wet/sweat feeling around my anus every day. But it seems (at least to me) that it is not causing any odor, it just transparent and without smell. It just makes my boxers wet, so I do not wear any thin pants anymore (only jeans).As for other symptoms:I get also a lot of gas, especially every morningI feel a pain every day, usually it is also get worse in the morningEvery day diarrhea, sometimes (very rare) I can go only once per day (but it won't be well formed( Much more noise from my bowelsI tried already a lot of drugs, supplements, it seems that it is getting better with time (because when it started - 3 years ago, I went to toilet around 10-15 times a day, had wet feeling almost all day, now it decreased to 1-5 toilet trips a day and around of 25% a day of wet feeling), but I really want to get back to normal!

#7 Anonym

Anonym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

Do all of you who have sweaty/stinking asses suffer from hemmhoroids just as me? I really want to know if hemmhoroids are the cause of all my FBO and disgusting ass problems, or if I might actually suffer from several complications.Sometimes it might be internal so you might not even know it's there, go get yourself checked for hemmhoroids!

#8 Common Response

Common Response

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Do all of you who have sweaty/stinking asses suffer from hemmhoroids just as me? I really want to know if hemmhoroids are the cause of all my FBO and disgusting ass problems, or if I might actually suffer from several complications.Sometimes it might be internal so you might not even know it's there, go get yourself checked for hemorrhoids!

Hemorrhoids can be a symptom of poor digestion/bowel evacuation.A healthy person who has good stool formation and is regular is unlikely to suffer from hemorrhoids.For a number of reasons hemorrhoids can contribute to your odor.
  • If the hemorrhoids break open then you may have infection/discharge which will have an odor.
  • The hemorrhoids may affect your sphincters ability to close properly allowing the odor of material in the rectum to escape.
  • Hemorrhoids may affect your ability to have complete bowel movements. Incomplete bowel movements will affect your odor.
  • hemorrhoids may also cause you to be stressed which can impact considerably on your overall digestion/elimination.
In summary you don't need to have hemorrhoids to have FBO.Hemorrhoids maybe only one of multiple factors causing your problem.Your hemorrhoids maybe a symptom or a result of other problems.

#9 Aurametrix

Aurametrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Excessive moisture is fairly common in IBS. It is observed in about 50% of the sufferers and is not considered concerning by medical establishment.The causes include but are not limited to hemorrhoids, increased activity of sweat glands around the anus, infected anal fissures or fistulas, excessive mucus in stool. Endoscopy or anorectal manometry could help to reveal possible anatomical problems. If there are no problems, finding the right diet, exercise regime and stress management should eventually help.
Connect the dots between your actions and reactions

#10 MIRMAK

MIRMAK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Do all of you who have sweaty/stinking asses suffer from hemmhoroids just as me?

I don't think that I have hemorrhoids. I did a lot of tests, colonoscopy, etc and everything came back normal (at least doctors said that).

#11 davoos

davoos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

rfairfield is right. You need to have your ZOO(parasites, bacteria, yeast) under contol. Human body is about symbiosis. It's not that hard to understand or treat sypmptoms for the rest of your life like following FODMAP diet which is full of junk food or getting your hemmeroids removed etc...

#12 Constinker

Constinker

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

I used to get a wet anus all the time, and especially in the summer. I'm having a hard time remembering the chronology of my symptoms, but at age 22, I got that a few times, but I only remember one person reacting. I was on a terrible diet at that time, mostly pastries as I was working as a pastry cook at a ski resort. Later I never went to the washroom for four or five days, then all came out as one massive log. A nurse while I was staying the hospital for pneumonia gave me a laxative she guaranteed would move things within 24 hours. Nothing happened for the next three days.Later I suffered from both a wet anus at times and very severe constipation, and I'd sit on the toilet, take enemas, and still the last bit just wouldn't come out.And then I suffered from severe FBO. It filled entire large rooms, it made me gag in my own car, it occasioned many comments from people in shopping aisles that I had left a few minutes before, and it had an entire class of grade three kids guffawing and covering their noses while all saying it smelled like poop. It was a time in my life that I seriously wondered why I went on. No hope for me it seemed, and the only thing keeping me going was my duty to my son, and that just barely.Perhaps three months ago, I thought, heck! This is going to be my life, I can either just kill myself, which I just couldn't do, or simply deal with it. I thought hell, I'll just deal, and since I can really afford even supplements really, I just decided to quit worrying on it. It has been gradually getting better, and in fact I went out to a club, danced, attracted a chick (nothing happened, I'm married, nut it was flattering nonetheless), and did all that without worry. Prior to that, when I walked into a crowded bar, every person within twenty feet was looking around to see who the stinker was, these days no one even looks my way due to that (more just the who is that stuff). In short, it makes me believe that at least in my case, a part of it is psychological, and I have won a major victory, although I'm never sure it'll be a complete victory. I know that when I have lots of gas, I don't exactly fart right away, but I do just stink till I do fart.Dunno, things are always changing, and I can't say I know anything exactly of what happened, but I do know it was very very real, and that it needs to be medically recognized. We are social animals, status plays a very large part in our socializing, and to be automatically looked down on is nothing to be blinked at. Work hard, get us recognized both by family, friends, and docs (family and friends cause their testimony will convince docs it's something they can't just ignore or gloss over with a 'don't worry about it').

#13 yzz

yzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

I had the wet anus problem as well. I think is was from hemorrhoids. I started using vitamin-e suppositories for the internal hemorrhoids and vitamin-e oil for the external hemorrhoids, and occasionally I did a 'sitz bath', the wetness is gone and whenever it starts again I start the oils and it disappears.

CaffeineLand.com - Transdermal Caffeine Patches.

#14 gigz89

gigz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

I had the wet anus problem as well. I think is was from hemorrhoids. I started using vitamin-e suppositories for the internal hemorrhoids and vitamin-e oil for the external hemorrhoids, and occasionally I did a 'sitz bath', the wetness is gone and whenever it starts again I start the oils and it disappears.

Did that wetness cause you to smell bad? If so, did whatever you did cause it go away?

#15 rlbb91

rlbb91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

You sound exactly like me! I have the same problem, except that I don't sweat a lot. I also suspect that this wetness has to do with my FBO. I also have external hemorrhoids, which I think might be linked to the wetness. I don't know what started it, or why, but I wish it would go away... thankfully there is some great advice on this thread that I am going to have to try. I just thought I'd post to let you know that I also have this exact problem, so you aren't alone!

#16 Beet

Beet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hi Nathan,Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it tonight. Can you tell me what you believe the vitamin e does? ie. strengthen the walls / correct inflammation. Does it help hemorroids?Also how often to you recommend doing the hipopressive abdominals? Beet

#17 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi Nathan,Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it tonight. Can you tell me what you believe the vitamin e does? ie. strengthen the walls / correct inflammation. Does it help hemorroids?Also how often to you recommend doing the hipopressive abdominals? Beet

I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news here, but I really do not think you should try this without a confirmation from a doctor. I know you are eager, and the doctor might say its all fine, but you should really ask one first to see if you clear to stick pills up your ass. The kegals are perfectly fine because you're really just strengthening your muscles, so I would ask your doctor is the pills is fine. Everyone is different. Just throwing this out there, do what you like however.

#18 Beet

Beet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news here, but I really do not think you should try this without a confirmation from a doctor. I know you are eager, and the doctor might say its all fine, but you should really ask one first to see if you clear to stick pills up your ass. The kegals are perfectly fine because you're really just strengthening your muscles, so I would ask your doctor is the pills is fine. Everyone is different. Just throwing this out there, do what you like however.

Hi 'DevilOnMyBack',Thanks for the reminder warning. As with many I'm sure you try just about anything in the hope its the answer or a start at least. I will think about it & research more before I try. I do kegel exercises but lose progress if I my hemmies get inflammed or really bad constipation. Need to attack this from many angles.How long and often have you been doing kegel's? Hows' your progress? thanksBeet

#19 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

hipopressive abdominals

Thanks for posting your story. I have some Q if you don't mind...what is this exercise?What is the benefit and reason for the vitamin E?I researched this condition, it is a cause of obstructed defecation:rectal prolapseMucosal prolapse

#20 Nakir22

Nakir22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hipopressive abdominals: Fast foward to minute 2:00 to see execution.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLaHM6kT-3Mhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJmxtYLkrghttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22344353Efficacy of pelvic floor muscle training and hypopressive exercises for treating pelvic organ prolapse in women: randomized controlled trial.CONCLUSIONS:The CSA of the levator ani muscle increased significantly with physiotherapy among the women with pelvic organ prolapse. Pelvic floor muscle training and hypopressive exercises produced similar improvements in the CSA of the levator ani muscle.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22038880Can hypopressive exercises provide additional benefits to pelvic floor muscle training in women with pelvic organ prolapse?CONCLUSION:Adding hypopressive exercises to PFMT does not improve PFM function. Both treatment groups performed better than the control group.The objective is to train the levator ani, no need to explain since you took the name of one of its parts. It appears (info coming from a talk that i had with my colonoproctologist) that the best way to train the muscle in lenght is to combine kegels with hypopressive abs and the regular contraction taught in biofeedback sessions.Btw I have been doing them, the results were i get the old regular gas which i can sense and hold. Just to clarify the same inadverted passage has become noticeable due to muscle strenght increase (This is a guess).Vitamin E: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Vitamin_EIt is has antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/5/1392.fullhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17628188http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2981081/It also has an interesting effect on free radicals and collagen more than that it prevents the formation of tissue fibrosis.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here