4 replies to this topic

#1 StarMammy

StarMammy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Advertisement
Hey allNew here so hello!I have a question, I was diagnosed with a peptic ulcer and IBS about 6 years ago, my ulcer has since healed and is fine unless I have a stomach bug and am sick and then it opens up for a few days but with rest and Gaviscon (like Peptobismol), it soon settles again. I am on gastic tablets for the rest of my life mind you!Anyway, my IBS can be easy to manage, I stay away from red meat most of the time and I try to eat vegetables instead of fruit, and have a spoonful of soluble fibre 3 times a day, I try and drink water and so on.However, I am a bit naughty here and there, I do snack in bed at night watching TV, I don't exercise much, though I am a healthy weight for my height, because I work from home as a graphic designer so am seated at a PC a lot of the day. For some reason though, the last year or so, I have been waking up feeling like I have been out partying all night, I feel like I have an hangover and I don't drink or smoke at all!I feel bunged up and sluggish and I have a headache and a constant need to go to the loo a lot, though I don't have pains or cramps really and I don't usually go to the loo either. All the symptoms have usually passed by the evening, but its starting to get me down... I can go for days without it happening before it happens then for a week or two at a time.I think I need some help with a diet plan, can anyone recommend or advise me in any of this on here?Thanks!

Advertisement

#2 em_t

em_t

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Maybe the snacking at night is leading to you feeling sluggish in the mornings. If you spread out yur food intake over the day more you might feel more bright in the mornings. Can't really suggest anything diet wise as its all so individual.Hopefully you start to feel a bit less groggy - its no fun waking up like that!

#3 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,269 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Alot of things, can make you feel that kind of fatigue. Why not mention it to the Dr and perhaps request some bloodwork.. you know.. make sure you are not anemic or have a Vitmain D insufficency.. etc..
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#4 StarMammy

StarMammy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

I had bloods done not long ago.Yesterday, although I started out with a coffee in the morning (just one) and had a sneaky KFC burger abotu 5pm, I was good as gold the rest of the day, I had water all day long, herbal teas and sensible food, plus I didn't eat anything but toast in bed last night, I can honestly say that I fell about 60-70% better this morning... I'll do it again today minus the coffee and KFC and see how I feel tomorrow morning!

#5 TVgirl

TVgirl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

I had bloods done not long ago.Yesterday, although I started out with a coffee in the morning (just one) and had a sneaky KFC burger abotu 5pm, I was good as gold the rest of the day, I had water all day long, herbal teas and sensible food, plus I didn't eat anything but toast in bed last night, I can honestly say that I fell about 60-70% better this morning... I'll do it again today minus the coffee and KFC and see how I feel tomorrow morning!

It is okay to have a night time snack but try and stop eating 2 hours before bed. It might help. Your body needs rest, you might not be getting a good enough sleep !!! Also sticking to a schedule is a good habit. go to bed same time, wake up same time, eat smaller more frequent meals. Ensure you get a good amount of sleep time.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here