No replies to this topic

#1 Minks

Minks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Advertisement
Just found this site looking for info to help with my IBS-C flare up and didn't see any information about Acacia Fiber, which saved my life.I have been using Acacia fiber which is a soluble fiber for a year and without it I would not be able to go to the bathroom. I take 1 tablespoon in the a.m. and one p.m. You have to build up slowly as with any fiber but I like the idea of this because it's organic and doesn't cause cramping or bloat. It works for constipation and diahrea.Acacia fiber with an IBS diet and I have eliminated 99% of my cramping and bloat, unless I cheat of course. The IBS diet is a huge part of keeping my cramping under control, If I eat insoluble fiber I have to have it with soluble fiber but without the acacia fiber I would never go to the bathroom.The fiber is not perfect. I have to make multiple trips to the bathroom in the morning but that is a small price to pay when compared to the horrible constipation I had when I first got my IBS and what I'm dealing with now during my flare up.There are 2 acacia fibers that I know about. One is Heather's Tummy Fiber the other is Tribez Acacia fiber. You can get at a health food store but I find them to be much cheaper online. I prefer Heather's because it is white vs. Tribez which is brown and has a kind of "dirt" taste. I get my Heather's from www.iherb.com which has it on sale right now (I stocked up on four 1 lb bags) and has great shipping. Tribez is available at www.vitacost.com but tons of other places online.I highly recommend this stuff.
I'm older and wiser. Have had CFS/ME for 16 years. I've learned to accept stuff. I'm not a doctor.

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here