No replies to this topic

#1 Minks

Minks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Advertisement
Just found this site looking for info to help with my IBS-C flare up and didn't see any information about Acacia Fiber, which saved my life.I have been using Acacia fiber which is a soluble fiber for a year and without it I would not be able to go to the bathroom. I take 1 tablespoon in the a.m. and one p.m. You have to build up slowly as with any fiber but I like the idea of this because it's organic and doesn't cause cramping or bloat. It works for constipation and diahrea.Acacia fiber with an IBS diet and I have eliminated 99% of my cramping and bloat, unless I cheat of course. The IBS diet is a huge part of keeping my cramping under control, If I eat insoluble fiber I have to have it with soluble fiber but without the acacia fiber I would never go to the bathroom.The fiber is not perfect. I have to make multiple trips to the bathroom in the morning but that is a small price to pay when compared to the horrible constipation I had when I first got my IBS and what I'm dealing with now during my flare up.There are 2 acacia fibers that I know about. One is Heather's Tummy Fiber the other is Tribez Acacia fiber. You can get at a health food store but I find them to be much cheaper online. I prefer Heather's because it is white vs. Tribez which is brown and has a kind of "dirt" taste. I get my Heather's from www.iherb.com which has it on sale right now (I stocked up on four 1 lb bags) and has great shipping. Tribez is available at www.vitacost.com but tons of other places online.I highly recommend this stuff.
I'm older and wiser. Have had CFS/ME for 16 years. I've learned to accept stuff. I'm not a doctor.

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here