No replies to this topic

#1 woebegone

woebegone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Advertisement
Hello !I'm new here, like most of you,I joined hoping to find answers and support in combatting this perplexing, debilitating, miserable disease. Having suffered from IBS-D for over thirty years, I am at a loss to know the best way to deal with "C", severe bloating and gas pains which has plauged me for the past 3 months or so. I have never had to take a laxative and feel if I do it probably would trigger the "D" (I do still have the odd explosive episodes of it) actually gives me some relief from the "C". I am careful what I eat, I've always had to be and I've started to incorporate extra fiber, greens, etc, foods I often could not eat. I read a post here about Chai seeds being beneficial so have been taking very small amounts of them with lots of fluids for the past four days, I have had some relief I'm happy to say, I'm still only taking about 1 1/2 teaspoons a day, my body tends to over react to new stuff, I'll increase them gradually until I'm up to the one tablespoon recommended. Then I researched Chai Tea which I've enjoyed drinking on occasion. I thought it contained the Chai seeds but I discovered it is made up of many spices, honey, brown sugar and black tea, no Chai seeds which surprised me. I made up some today and my husband and I enjoyed a cup, I added unsweetened Almond milk as I don't do regular milk. I've always known how beneficial many of the spices are in treating digestive and intestinal disorders being a "natural remedies" fan! Does anyone out there have any input regarding the Chai Seeds and Chai Tea, I sure would like to hear if anyone does?

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here