No replies to this topic

#1 woebegone

woebegone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Advertisement
Hello !I'm new here, like most of you,I joined hoping to find answers and support in combatting this perplexing, debilitating, miserable disease. Having suffered from IBS-D for over thirty years, I am at a loss to know the best way to deal with "C", severe bloating and gas pains which has plauged me for the past 3 months or so. I have never had to take a laxative and feel if I do it probably would trigger the "D" (I do still have the odd explosive episodes of it) actually gives me some relief from the "C". I am careful what I eat, I've always had to be and I've started to incorporate extra fiber, greens, etc, foods I often could not eat. I read a post here about Chai seeds being beneficial so have been taking very small amounts of them with lots of fluids for the past four days, I have had some relief I'm happy to say, I'm still only taking about 1 1/2 teaspoons a day, my body tends to over react to new stuff, I'll increase them gradually until I'm up to the one tablespoon recommended. Then I researched Chai Tea which I've enjoyed drinking on occasion. I thought it contained the Chai seeds but I discovered it is made up of many spices, honey, brown sugar and black tea, no Chai seeds which surprised me. I made up some today and my husband and I enjoyed a cup, I added unsweetened Almond milk as I don't do regular milk. I've always known how beneficial many of the spices are in treating digestive and intestinal disorders being a "natural remedies" fan! Does anyone out there have any input regarding the Chai Seeds and Chai Tea, I sure would like to hear if anyone does?

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here