Advertisement

Photo

How far up on a colonoscopy do they go??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gottogo

gottogo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 10:24 AM

Advertisement
I will be having my first colonoscopy in a few weeks and I am wondering just how far up the colon do they go? Is it just the large intestines or do they go through the small intestines too?

Advertisement

#2 Jupiter119

Jupiter119

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 05:02 PM

Hi The colonoscope examines the whole colon (large intestine) & terminal ileum (lower end of the small intestine).Hope this helps & good luck. I've got my first in November.
Jupiter119. Ulcerative colitis diagnosed 2001.

#3 Guest_skyblue_*

Guest_skyblue_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2001 - 09:51 PM

Hey ya..gottogo..guess I just joined the ranks today. Dr. said yup..lol sounds like IBS and Colitis..so we better have a look!!! yikes!!!....my Colonoscopy is Nov. 5th first one. we can do it. oh my [This message has been edited by skyblue (edited 10-22-2001).][This message has been edited by skyblue (edited 10-22-2001).]

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here