3 replies to this topic

#1 gottafindtheanswer

gottafindtheanswer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Advertisement
My dr. prescribed Colace. He also said to take 1/2 cup of prune juice and add 1/4 cup of bran buds first thing in the morning. Is it safe to take colace daily since it doesn't have a laxative in it?Thanks!PS....the prune juice/bran buds haven't worked yet, so I guess I will try the colace.

Advertisement

#2 Minks

Minks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

My dr. prescribed Colace. He also said to take 1/2 cup of prune juice and add 1/4 cup of bran buds first thing in the morning. Is it safe to take colace daily since it doesn't have a laxative in it?Thanks!PS....the prune juice/bran buds haven't worked yet, so I guess I will try the colace.

it could be that the bran buds and prune juice is too much insoluble fiber. Have you tried acacia fiber? It's insoluble fiber and I would never go without it. I take 2 TBS per day. You start out slow but it really works. There is Heather's tummy fiber and Tribez. I'd check them out.
I'm older and wiser. Have had CFS/ME for 16 years. I've learned to accept stuff. I'm not a doctor.

#3 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

You could ask your Dr but it is something that I believe can be taken without harm to you. I wouldn't worry about it. It is UNlike a laxative.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#4 gottafindtheanswer

gottafindtheanswer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thank you, Minks and BQ, for your kind replies. I forgot to mention that the dr. also told me to take Align, which I began about a week ago. I wonder how long it will be before all of this starts to take effect? I think I will try the stool softener for a few days and see if things will be back to normal again.Thanks again for your replies!Connie

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here