3 replies to this topic

#1 prollytoomuchtruth

prollytoomuchtruth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

Advertisement
I just started having this issue about 8 months ago. I am 21 now, went to a rehab to get clean off drugs, and along with mental stuff this physical issues seemed to be the result. While in the rehab people could smell that I was having issues, I went to the hospital where they told me it was mostly psychological and put me on more meds. I would have days where it would happen and days when it wouldn't. THen I went to a halfway house where it happened more and more due to stress and I noticed that stress seems to cause people to either have diarea or constipation but not too many people seem to understand or talk about the leakage problem or how to fix it. I know an ###### should not be completely clean but if I wipe and there is a good amount of feces or fluid on it. I am alarmed. I want to go to N/A meetings so that I don't isolate which would be my biggest reason for relapse. I dont hang out with anyone really. I would like to go to the bar and have a beer but apparently from what I read alcohol doesn't mix well with this issue. I have been perscribed levsin and bentyl which help very very minimally. I had to go back on clonipin due to a biploar break down related ( but not completley) to this. I am a good looking guy with a lot of talents and a lot to offer but now I am a worthless bum who dosen't work and avoids everybody and everything. I was wondering if anyone knows any remedies, stories, or advice that could put me at ease. Awful situations countless times have come of this and I need to tackle on of my many problems at a time to even have a chance at functioning.Thanks in advance,Kev

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,268 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hi Check out our Gas/Flatulence/Bloating/Incontinence/Fecal Body Odor Forum.... You will find you are not alone!First off.. Congratulations on being clean! I can only imagine how HUGE an accomplishment that is. So .. DO give yourself a break! Sure your body may take a bit to adjust.. and that's ok. The hard part is behind you! (Sorry.. terrible pun, I know... :) )Keep in mind hon this could very well be temporary so try to relax a bit and think a bit more positively. If you are having diarrhea... you might try to take some imodium to firm things up for you. I found taking it with meals preventatively helped me best. It can cause some cramping.. so you might want to use an anti-gas med with it. ANd/or try taking some calcium carbonate supplements. (See "Linda's Calcium" thread.. thumbtacked to the top of the Diarrhea Forum for clear directions on taking it.)I imagine stress is a big trigger for you right now... so try to manage yours any way you can... like use music, deep breathing, progressive relaxation (See this for info on that: http://stress.about....ht/howtopmr.htm ) physical exercise etc....Here is a good article on Healthy Thinking with IBS:http://www.ibsgroup.org/node/515Here is another article on Relaxation and IBS:http://www.ibsgroup.org/node/516Keep us posted on how you are!And again... Congratulations! You are on your way!
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 prollytoomuchtruth

prollytoomuchtruth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Thank you for the informative reply. I have a cluster of problems and I feel that if I can conquer this one I would be less stressed out and agoraphobic to have the confidence to correct some of my other issues.Thanks again.

#4 Trudyg

Trudyg

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

You know, if it's just fluid that's the problem, you can take a dose of metamucil once a day as directed. It's not a laxative like folks think, but it draws fluid from the bowel--so it would remove some of the excess fluid that's leaking out. You'd only have to try it for about 4 days to see if it helps and it's not another drug, which you are trying to avoid. Good luck.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here