#1 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Advertisement
This is a major breakthrough in the field of clinical hypnotherapy for IBS - since the IBS Audio program was effective with severe patients, you can be very encouraged that it may be helpful for you too - read on:From Michael Mahoney, MDHthp:"I had some wonderful news which I can share with you now. Some 12 months ago the leading UK hospital in bowel disorders contacted me to acquire a batch of my IBS Audio Program 100 for use with their patients.This was wonderful yet a little tense, St. Mark's Hospital, London, a national and international referral centre for intestinal and colorectal disorders, using my IBS program with their patients, the most difficult cases imaginable. In late August, to my delight the hospital was satisfied with the effects of my program, so much so, that they plan to purchase more.This is indeed a wonderful acknowledgement of my work in IBS and the effectiveness of the protocol I developed in those early days."
~ Marilyn, MS, CCC-SLP

Moderator of the Cognitive Therapy and Clinical Hypnotherapy Forum

Video Explaining the Brain-Gut Connection

My IBS Journey ~ What Helped My Severe IBS

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit." ~ Psalm 34:18

Advertisement

#2 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,017 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

This is very positive news which I believe further validates clinical hypnotherapy as an effective tool for relieving symptoms in individuals.Please pass on our gratitude to Mike for his continued efforts in helping IBS sufferers.Jeff

#3 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

That is wonderful and very encouraging to read.I have in the past week started listening to the IBS CD's again,i used them last year but they did not help so decided to try them again,so i'm forever hopeful!My ibs is very severe, so reading about the success with patients at St Mark's Hospital is very promising.

#4 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Thank you Jeff - I have passed on your kind words to Mike!! :)Diana - It took me 3 full rounds before I saw any relief as I was extremely severe as well. If you have concerns along the way, you can contact healthyaudio and they will give you support. Of course, not everyone is helped with this method, but most people are, and most of those people do the program as a last resort! So dont give up! :)
~ Marilyn, MS, CCC-SLP

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit." ~ Psalm 34:18

#5 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Awesome news! So glad he is able to help soooo many people this way! Congrats Mike!!! XO
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#6 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:42 AM

Thank you Marilyn for your kind words.I'm so hoping cd's will help but keeping an open mind and always staying as positive as i can. :)When you listened the three times,how long a break in between each 100days did you have before using them again?

#7 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Everyone is different, so the time frame I had may not be what is needed for you. I did the program initially around August of 2000 and then again after a few months time, then again in 2001 - but in between times I listened to my favorite sessions as needed. So I would say a few months between complete listenings in my situation. However, the booklet has a time frame as a guidance, but that can be shortened to 4 - 6 weeks of time in between, so follow that as that has been revised since I did the program. If you have further specific questions, please go to the contact page of http://www.healthyaudio.com because you will get personal care there for your own situation for free as part of the therapy process if needed!There IS hope - I was one of the worst refractory IBS patients and there are many more folks like me who have come thru it - just look at all the success stories we have had... Another helpful hint if possible, is to keep from reading on these BBs and posting about IBS - I know it is hard, but the program works thru the subconscious mind, and reading about it and even coming to the BB on a regular basis may slow your progress down.Hang in there - you will get better - you'll see! :)
~ Marilyn, MS, CCC-SLP

#8 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

bump
~ Marilyn, MS, CCC-SLP

#9 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

bump
~ Marilyn, MS, CCC-SLP

#10 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Can i ask..what do you mean 'bump'? :rolleyes:

#11 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

By adding a new response to a thread it 'bumps it up' to the top of the forum again... that's all. :)
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#12 Diana63

Diana63

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Thank you BQ. :)

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here