4 replies to this topic

#1 kelz

kelz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Advertisement
I am sooo glad I came across this website as I desperately need advice! I was diagnosed with IBS around 6 years ago and have managed to figure out what sets me off. The past couple of weeks I have had this very dull ache just unber my right rib cage and round my back. I'm so confused as to whether it is the IBS pains as I usually get them in my lower stomach. I have pressed on the area and can feel something theretoo which worrys me. The pain radiates down from under the rib cage to before my hip. I'm so confused and really need advice. When I search the pain under right ribcage I keep getting gallbladder could it be this? Anyone else get IBS pain where I am getting it. I hope someone can help me I'm losing sleep over it : ( thanks

Advertisement

#2 shacsher

shacsher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Kelz,First of all I really think that you should seek medical attention for this pain under your right rib cage... I also have been fighting with IBS for about 24 years now and I have it quite severely. I did experience those same kind of pains you are describing, under my right rib cage, around to the back and up into my right shoulder blade. I had a few of these attacks and just passed them off as being IBS attacks... until I had one that was so bad I though it was the on set of a heart attack, it turned out to be my gallbladder which I have had removed.Please go get it checked out.Thanks

#3 athomeagain

athomeagain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

I am sooo glad I came across this website as I desperately need advice! I was diagnosed with IBS around 6 years ago and have managed to figure out what sets me off. The past couple of weeks I have had this very dull ache just unber my right rib cage and round my back. I'm so confused as to whether it is the IBS pains as I usually get them in my lower stomach. I have pressed on the area and can feel something theretoo which worrys me. The pain radiates down from under the rib cage to before my hip. I'm so confused and really need advice. When I search the pain under right ribcage I keep getting gallbladder could it be this? Anyone else get IBS pain where I am getting it. I hope someone can help me I'm losing sleep over it : ( thanks

I agree with the other post, get medical attention. I have had digestive problems for 17 years and I had the same pain as you are describing and it was my gallbladder as well. Had it removed, no more pain there!

#4 usagoldie

usagoldie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I agree with the other post, get medical attention. I have had digestive problems for 17 years and I had the same pain as you are describing and it was my gallbladder as well. Had it removed, no more pain there!

#5 usagoldie

usagoldie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

My pain was said to be costal condritis. Then it was updated to IBS. Then the gallbladder died. It was taken out and I still have the pain. Then the duct to the liver got plugged up and they put a stint in it. I still have the same pain since 1987.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here