Advertisement

Photo

Do probiotics cause diarrhea/cramping when you first start taking them?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AmericanPatriot

AmericanPatriot

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

Advertisement
I was just wondering if probiotics like align, etc. cause diarrhea and/or cramping when you first start taking them?If they do, I'd rather pick a time when I know I won't be leaving the house much to try them.Thanks for any feedback :)
"It is far more important to know what person the disease has, than what disease the person has."
-Hippocrates

"Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing."
-Voltaire

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

For some people, yes. But apparently that side effect can go away with time for some folks.Here is an article I found that discusses this:http://www.livestrong.com/article/527919-do-probiotics-cause-gas/
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here