58 replies to this topic

#1 skm14

skm14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Advertisement
Is there a dietician in the St. Louis area that can supervise the Fodmap diet?

Advertisement

#2 Jennag

Jennag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Are there any dieticians or nutritionists in the New York area that area who can help with administering the low-fodmap diet?

#3 Tony P

Tony P

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Is there a Dietician in the Waterloo / Cedar Rapids Iowa area who can administer the Low Fodmap Diet?Thank you.

#4 DietitianCarrie

DietitianCarrie

Dietitian

• Dietitians
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

Is there a dietician in the St. Louis area that can supervise the Fodmap diet?

I provide nutrition services over the phone, online and in person. Carrie Reynoso RD., LD., CLTForever Nutritious, LLC4422 White Bear Ave. White Bear Lake, MN 55110Phone:763-218-3847Website:www.forevernutritious.comSpecializing in the relief of adverse food reactions commonly associated with IBS, migraines, fibromyalgia, and other auto-immune disorders.

#5 shellysignature

shellysignature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Is there a dietician in the Washington, DC area who can administer the low FODMAPS Diet.

#6 kerrywit

kerrywit

Dietitian

• Dietitians
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

I am an Accredited Practicing Dietitian from Australia who specializes in low FODMAP diets.I provide online / email consultations I have also produced a book [$20 plus postage] that contains everything you need to know for achieving a low FODMAP diet.Please contact me direct for any questions or assistance with your symptoms on kerry@irritablebowels.com.au or visit my website: www.irritablebowels.com.au for details.Kerry

#7 Lizzie801

Lizzie801

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Do you have any nutritionists in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area who can help with the fodmap diet?

#8 tilos

tilos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

I'm looking for a dietician in Houston.

#9 yaelgold1

yaelgold1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Are there any such dieticians in Israel, preferably in Jerusalem?

#10 Kelcey Jean

Kelcey Jean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

I am wondering if Almond milk or coconut milk is ok on the fodmapdiet because I don't see any informaion on any kind of nuts on this diet as well.

#11 kerrywit

kerrywit

Dietitian

• Dietitians
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

I am wondering if Almond milk or coconut milk is ok on the fodmapdiet because I don't see any informaion on any kind of nuts on this diet as well.

Hi KelceyAlmond milk is just fine but please avoid coconut milk as it contains FODMAPSKerry Withoos, Dietitianwww.irritablebowels.com.au

#12 jollie1955

jollie1955

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Looking for a Dietitian in Raleigh, North Carolina area.

#13 healthuser

healthuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

It's good to know I'm eating most of the foods in the diet, and a few I need to include. I can't have sugar of any kind, dairy, wheat/gluten, and probably yeast, so a lot on this list I can't have anyway. I'm confused why I should eliminate foods I'm not allergic to.

#14 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,911 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

FODMAP intolerance is not about allergies.FODMAPs are foods likely to cause gas in the intestines which can then set off IBS symptoms. Reacting to gas volume has nothing to do with food allergies, but can cause symptoms that make people miserable. If your IBS symptoms are under control on the diet you are on, you do not need to change anything.No one says every IBSer must follow this diet, only that for many people with IBS they do find limiting FODMAPS make their symptoms from GAS a lot less and they feel much better. If you have serious food allergies, please eat to avoid your allergens. That is more important than how much gas you produce, even if you have a few more IBS symptoms than you would by lowering the "bacteria food" you send to the colon.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#15 Inconceivable

Inconceivable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

Looking for a dietitian in the Green Bay, WI area

#16 lowimpact

lowimpact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

I could use help in Los Angeles, or West LA. My internist recommended a dietician and i paid a fortune to see her twice. She had never heard of FODMAP, so i gave her the article that they gave me at Cedars. But she was not helpful to me, and i need someone very versed in ODMAP or SIBO. As a non meat eater with severe SIBO, i am at a loss what to eat if you remove all the FODMAP's and all the things that Pimenthal's diet suggests for SIBO like soy, tofu, quinoa, nuts, black beans, hummus. I have elevated mercury due to too much fish so if i remove a lot of veggies and fodmaps i really can't figure out what to eat! I have been trying to do FODMAP on my own but find it very hard other than avoiding garlic, and onions, asparagus, and as much wheat and gluten as i can. One naturopath i saw a year ago ( also spent a fortune!) told me to add chicory to my coffee to help it digest and lessen the acid. I was adding fresh chicory for a year and not only did i not get better i was probably making myself worse once i learned it was a fodmap. I think Barley is also on there which is found in a ton of the protein bars on the market. Thanks for any help in finding someone in LA.

#17 Ali Clarke

Ali Clarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hi all, i have just been diagnosed and would like to find out more about the fodmap diet - is there anyone in the Coventry, UK area who is able to help me with this please?

#18 Carolinpittsburgh

Carolinpittsburgh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Looking for a dietician that can advise on the FODMAP diet in the Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, Ohio areas. Thank you!

#19 NeilLoten

NeilLoten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi - I am looking for a Dietician in the Harrogate area - North Yorkshire - UKAny takers?

#20 Shadowlove

Shadowlove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Is there any Dietitian's in the hartlepool/stockton area north east england? HELP REALLY NEEDED!!!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here