#1 Mikeydidit

Mikeydidit

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Advertisement
So I've been going through a rough time because of a break up with my ex gf. its been a month since we officially broke up and im still in shambles. We separated 4 months ago on mutual terms because we both were not happy. 3 months later i find out shes been dating and at first i didn't realize what was going. then it hit me like a truck and all these emotions just took over. i guess when we split i was just cruising on auto pilot because i didn't feel anything nor did i want to meet anyone new. honestly i wish that i could go back now just a little earlier to try and patch things up with her but i cant. i guess this is a learning experience that i have to go through to become the man i should be.Now the reason why i am on this board is because im suffering from what i believe is "leaky gut/gas" because i cannot for the life of me feel(i feel them occasionally) or hold in my gas ever since my stressful ordeal. on top of that i got hemorrhoids from crying to much because it applied to much pressure to my lower area. even before this whole ordeal I've always had problems holding in my gas but now its full blown out of control. even when i eat or drink water they come out just a few seconds later. its just so hard because of the #### i have to go through with the ex and this comes along with it. i think in a way my "LG" effected my relationship as well because sometimes i would be afraid to go out dancing with her because i was afraid i would fart and stink up the place.i know to start a fodmaps diet till i can figure out whats wrong with me. My question is though if it is a bacterial overgrowth can i do a keto diet to kill the majority of the bacteria and use a probiotic to replenish with the good?

Advertisement

#2 anmegrl

anmegrl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Do you have IBS or some kind of persistent digestive problem? Not sure why you think you have LG. Anyway...Seems like your emotions and stress are really exacerbating the problem. I'd visit a doctor first and look into antidepressants/anti-anxiety and maybe some therapy. Also hemorrhoids can affect your ability to hold in gas. Has that been a constant issue? Check doctor about that too if OTC meds and fiber supplements aren't working. Gas cannot form and release itself seconds after you eat - must be from eating/drinking hours and hours before. Diets can't kill bacteria - prescription antibiotics and some natural antibacterials can (but they may or may not be effective depending on what you have). How do you know you have overgrowth? Stomach may just be so out of whack right now that you can't digest properly. Check out the OTC forum for probiotic suggestions. For now, I think you need to calm yourself down - not much you'll do right will be effective until that happens.
"When a man's dog turns against him it is time for a wife to pack her trunk and go home to mama." ~Mark Twain

#3 Mikeydidit

Mikeydidit

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Do you have IBS or some kind of persistent digestive problem? Not sure why you think you have LG. Anyway...Seems like your emotions and stress are really exacerbating the problem. I'd visit a doctor first and look into antidepressants/anti-anxiety and maybe some therapy. Also hemorrhoids can affect your ability to hold in gas. Has that been a constant issue? Check doctor about that too if OTC meds and fiber supplements aren't working. Gas cannot form and release itself seconds after you eat - must be from eating/drinking hours and hours before. Diets can't kill bacteria - prescription antibiotics and some natural antibacterials can (but they may or may not be effective depending on what you have). How do you know you have overgrowth? Stomach may just be so out of whack right now that you can't digest properly. Check out the OTC forum for probiotic suggestions. For now, I think you need to calm yourself down - not much you'll do right will be effective until that happens.

i dont know if ibs was an issue before up until recently. i have had D and C alternating from day to day but it could be from unhealthy choices as of late. Sometimes after a bm, gas will travel around in my stomach. i will update when i start back up on my normal regime. as for my depression, im not gonna lie and say that ill be okay because i don't know. its been really bad this whole month but i think once i stop contact completely, ill be okay (its been 3 days). depression has been a good thing for me though. Never have i done as much as I've done in the past up until now. Ill ride it out and hopefully things will return to normalgas has always been an issue for me. even before my heart was broken. there would be times where i dont notice when the gas is coming out. it didn't happen often until now. i understand that it doesn't form that quickly but it doesn't change the fact that gas still comes out relatively soon after eating or drinking.Now that i think about it, the hemorrhoids have been there as long as i can remember but never thought about it. there is a small external one thats been there for a while but now its a larger then it was before. i cant afford to go to a doctor about this problem right now so i guess ill just have to resort to home remedies for the meantime.

#4 anmegrl

anmegrl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Glad you're dealing with this okay. Break-ups suck and depression - even the temporary kind - can make you think crazy things. My ex would get so low he'd talk about suicide. One of the first times we broke up, he "rationalized" that I left because he had roaches in his apartment. We both laughed about that later on. Even when we did call it a quits permanently, after a 4-6 weeks non-contact period we ended up being best friends anyway. Hard cutting someone out of your life when you've been with them for a long time. Nine years is a REALLY long time. I doubt your health had much to do with the relationship ending or else she would have left a long time ago. I agree you should get back to your regular routine and things will probably calm down after a while. Don't push it. Also, if you haven't already, I would keep a food diary and a *cough* BM diary so you can determine what is causing your gas and how long it takes to show up after eating. You'd need to not snack throughout the day otherwise you won't be able to pinpoint if something is aggravating your stomach. The BM diary will show you how long it takes for food to go through your system. Yet, it's possible (and probable) that eating and drinking triggers your stomach and intestines so the gas will start moving right then - but the gas was there to begin with. With food allergies or intolerances, gas can form as quickly as 30 minutes to a couple of hours after eating. Rest of the time, it usually takes about 5-6 hours for food to hit the small intestines. If you have SIBO, this would be the time you would experience the first bit of gas. An hour (or more) afterwards, it hits the large intestines. You should really notice some "activity." You can use those timeframes to trace back what may be causing the problem. Did you start eating anything different lately? If so, cut it out your diet for the time being.As for the hemorrhoid, any generic store brand will do for now. The prescription ones aren't that effective anyway - at least they weren't for me. Make sure you apply externally and internally even if you don't think you have an internal one. Due to the increase you're having lately, I wouldn't fool around with the suppository meds. That could be very messy ;)Hope that helps.
"When a man's dog turns against him it is time for a wife to pack her trunk and go home to mama." ~Mark Twain

#5 Mikeydidit

Mikeydidit

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Glad you're dealing with this okay. Break-ups suck and depression - even the temporary kind - can make you think crazy things. My ex would get so low he'd talk about suicide. One of the first times we broke up, he "rationalized" that I left because he had roaches in his apartment. We both laughed about that later on. Even when we did call it a quits permanently, after a 4-6 weeks non-contact period we ended up being best friends anyway. Hard cutting someone out of your life when you've been with them for a long time. Nine years is a REALLY long time. I doubt your health had much to do with the relationship ending or else she would have left a long time ago. I agree you should get back to your regular routine and things will probably calm down after a while. Don't push it. Also, if you haven't already, I would keep a food diary and a *cough* BM diary so you can determine what is causing your gas and how long it takes to show up after eating. You'd need to not snack throughout the day otherwise you won't be able to pinpoint if something is aggravating your stomach. The BM diary will show you how long it takes for food to go through your system. Yet, it's possible (and probable) that eating and drinking triggers your stomach and intestines so the gas will start moving right then - but the gas was there to begin with. With food allergies or intolerances, gas can form as quickly as 30 minutes to a couple of hours after eating. Rest of the time, it usually takes about 5-6 hours for food to hit the small intestines. If you have SIBO, this would be the time you would experience the first bit of gas. An hour (or more) afterwards, it hits the large intestines. You should really notice some "activity." You can use those timeframes to trace back what may be causing the problem. Did you start eating anything different lately? If so, cut it out your diet for the time being.As for the hemorrhoid, any generic store brand will do for now. The prescription ones aren't that effective anyway - at least they weren't for me. Make sure you apply externally and internally even if you don't think you have an internal one. Due to the increase you're having lately, I wouldn't fool around with the suppository meds. That could be very messy ;)Hope that helps.

lol girls are so cruelthe hems are coming down quite a bit since i made this thread but they are still there. I've had some improvement today from not taking psyllium drinks but my #### still smells like hell. could sibo effect the way my poop smells? it still smells like the food i had the night before. also i decided that i would hop back onto a keto diet for the meantime so i dont have to deal with the unrelenting farts.

#6 Mikeydidit

Mikeydidit

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

so i went 3 days on keto and i dont recommend it if your dealing with depression. it made me worse than i have been about my situation with the ex so i had in and out today. man im gonna pay for it tomorrow -_-

#7 anmegrl

anmegrl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hang in there. Not sure if SIBO effects odor - don't think I've read anything that says so. Could be due just to indigestion in general. I know a lot of IBSers complain about that even when they don't have SIBO. Maybe try digestive enzymes if it persists.

#8 Mikeydidit

Mikeydidit

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hang in there. Not sure if SIBO effects odor - don't think I've read anything that says so. Could be due just to indigestion in general. I know a lot of IBSers complain about that even when they don't have SIBO. Maybe try digestive enzymes if it persists.

i was thinking that but what im gonna do for the meantime is thoroughly cook the majority of my food to mush lol. hopefully that will fix that problem. i think my poop smell is coming out because my ass hole is loose. the smell isn't as bad as before since I've been taking a probiotic and got lots of rest even when eating like ######. im going to start doing pc exercises to fix the loose ass hole to see if that will help.SOMETHING I NOTICED THAT HELPS A LOT FOR A FEW HOURS IS...squatting like an asian guy on the tiolet while taking a dump (im asian dont get angry). i had no smell up until lunch time which was around 12. then it came back a little before taking a poop again. incomplete evacuation is another problem i think i have. man this sucks, im going to push everything to the limit to make sure this gets fixed as quickly as possible. exercise,fodmaps,kegals,and plently of rest.I REFUSE TO LET THIS TAKE OVER MY LIFE. I WILL CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY AND CONQUER THIS CURSE.edit: i think my mind has settled the fact that she no longer has any feelings towards me. She told me directly that she does not have any feelings for me anymore. it hurt like hell but i think in a way it has given me closure for me to move on.

#9 Mikeydidit

Mikeydidit

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

so i have been smoking a lot lately. I'm just gonna assume this is counter productive for my ass hole so im quitting cold turkey today.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here