Advertisement

Photo

Constant Burning Pain upper Left side...worried sick..please help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paganangel

paganangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Advertisement
Hello All, I'm new to the forum and would really appricate some advice/help. I'll apologise in advance for the lengthy post.I had an endoscopy 2010 following symptoms, weight loss, alternative constipation/diarreah, nausea, bloating and cramps. Finally diagnosed with IBS (predominant constipation) in 2011 and put on a course of movicol daily to help relieve the constipation. IBS is controlled now thankfully. However a week ago I started with a burning ache/pain in my upper left/central side. This burn is there constantly. I have seen two doctors, the first suggested dyspepsia and put me on ranitidine and gastrocote. Which didn't help at all. Seen the doctor again today who now thinks its more a trans colon problem due to the constipation and suggested increasing the movicol. further to this I have a mental health condition, anxiety disorder, eating disorder and carcinophobia. (a tricky one I know)and upper back pain since November 2011.I am absolutley terrifed that this burning pain could be caused by something more serious and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? only other symptom is I have haemarroids which only flare up occasionally but settle when treated with medication. I am also 26. Any advice would be greatly apprication, due to the nature of my anxiety disorder any form of illness/pain causes me extreme distress. Thank you for reading,Bright Blessings to you all,Vicki

Advertisement

#2 katiebabe

katiebabe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hello vicki, I'm 24 and I can 100% relate to ur ditress. I'm not quite the same as you but I am experiencing along side stomach pains/bloating/swelling/toilet issues.... 'Burning back pain' the burning can move all over my back,it comes as the day goes on and the more I do for example if I'm sat blow drying my hair after a while it can come on. It feels like severe muscle friction or something,the burning can get very severe and the only thing that takes it off is resting, but then once its came bad if I try do things once I've rested it comes straight back on again. Is yours like this? Doctor looks at me as if I'm making it all up but I know it has to be linked with all the stomach issues I have had since a tummy bug 9months ago. Its taken over my life and I've lost a lot of weight that I can't gain he's telling me he thinks its neuropathic too.. And wants to ship me off to a pain clinic! Do you know what's that even means?The whle thing seems to be a bloody mystery and if doctors can't see a cause they don't seem to want to know when we are suffering so severly everyday. Do u suffer with pain from walking too? Take care kate xx.

#3 sick2much

sick2much

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

OMG!!! I thought I was the only one. I know what this is and it scares the hell out of you. It is called your spleenic flexure, it is where your transvers colon changes to your descending colon. Well, also in this area is two bends of the small intestine. Yeah, when mine has pain, you can see my ribs move and feel heat coming off my chest. There is no worse pain. You think you are having a heart attack the first time. Okay, these things have helped me. Laying on my left side to pop it out. Laying on my back, taking only half breathes in, focus on the pain, (your going to luagh) relax your sphincter, now imagine the gas bubble moving to where the relaxation goes. Serious, it works. A lot of time it is temporary but temporary relief is better than no relief.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here