#1 windemere

windemere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Advertisement
Yesterday I was at work and was unable to go to the bathroom when I needed to have a bm. I figured I'd be ok to wait until after work. I was unable to go after work and havent been able to go until a couple hours ago. Now I'll get severe cramps that are so bad they give me the chills then have a small bm that is solid and the cramps subside. 20-30 min later the same thing happened 2 more times. Then the last time I had the cramps but had some diarrhea. Is this normal since I didn't go to the bathroom when i needed to yesterday? And is there anything i can do to help the cramps? I'm in so much pain when they happen and im a bit anxious about going to the bathroom so many times in just a couple hours. I dont normally stop myself from having a bm, I know its not good to do but Im a waitress and was very busy last night and just didnt have time to go.

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds very typical for IBS hon.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 Brianmay1975

Brianmay1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

I get this very often and I almost never stop myself from having a BM (yeah, couldn't do it if I tried, urgency is one of my problems, apart from pain). Though in your case, refraining from having a BM might have played a part in all this, since it's not your usual IBS pattern. Just don't get anxious over it. It wil pass. I usually take an antispasmodic (mebeverine or trimebutine maleate), to alleviate the spasms and cramping. And I don't know, maybe take the anti-diarrheal drug you currently use, if the diarrhea continues...

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here