2 replies to this topic

#1 chookie

chookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Advertisement
Had a lovely lie in this morning only to be cut short by a vasovagal episode that saw the paramedics being called. I am ok, I have had these before but the pain was from undiagnosed Endometriosis and cysts.This time it was an IBS spasm and it was searingly hot very low down. The pain started in bed and then I was trying to get a bowel movement and a pee out at the same time but it was tricky. My GP rang and said that it was nothing to worry about and to rest, which I did for another 4 hours. Anyone else get these attacks? I have just started on Mebeverine so the irony is killing me :lol:

Advertisement

#2 leeniepie

leeniepie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

why would intestinal spasms cause you to faint?

#3 chookie

chookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

My doctor said that it causes shock in the body and therefore my blood pressure dropped as a result, hence the fainting. I have just read that there is a vagus nerve that travels from the intestines up to the area near the brain, I think that this has something to do with it too :mellow:

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here