No replies to this topic

#1 Renneke

Renneke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Advertisement
Hi Everyone,I've enjoyed reading others stories and realizing i'm not alone. Like many of you, i've been to doctors who have told me everything was fine, or that I needed to simply "stop stressing out so much"...But the thing is, i'm not stressed. I live a pretty simple lifestyle. Since i've stopped eating sugary/greasy foods, my IBS has improved a bit but it's still there.I've had these symptoms for about 5 years now. Urgency, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, gas...usually in the morning. Sometimes so painful i'm just on the toilet going and writhing in pain. Then when i'm done, i'm too exhausted/hungry to do anything. I hate feeling hungry and not wanting to eat.I've done a battery of GI tests and nothing was discovered. A couple of years ago I was prescribed a drug (sorry I don't remember what) but it just made things shift to the opposite end of the spectrum: Now I was severely constipated. I don't know which one is worse, but i'd say diarrhea simply because it could cause you to have an accident at any time. I know many here can relate when I say, I don't like venturing out much anymore because of anxiety. I get scared that i'll be stuck somewhere with no bathrooms and I don't know what i'll do.My friends don't understand. My boyfriend knows and he's so sweet and supportive. He won't pressure me about going out somewhere if i'm feeling bad. I have had an accident with IBS-D when out on a date once...the single most embarrasing night of my life. Since then my anxiety has increased so much. I don't want that to ever happen again! :( :( :(Now I just manage but I wish there was something I could do. Some days i'm fine...and I don't have a BM, other days, I have several loose ones in a row accompanied with all the other nasty feelings. I never know which one to expect. I'm going to see my boyfriend soon for a week (we're long distance) and I know he'll be understanding...but this gets in the way of enjoyment. I hate being the reason we can't go somewhere at a certain time...Hopefully connecting with you all here will be my outlet since there are not many others who understand this condition, unless they are in your shoes.Thanks for listening :)Renn

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here