Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Another Newbie

720 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Renneke 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,I've enjoyed reading others stories and realizing i'm not alone. Like many of you, i've been to doctors who have told me everything was fine, or that I needed to simply "stop stressing out so much"...But the thing is, i'm not stressed. I live a pretty simple lifestyle. Since i've stopped eating sugary/greasy foods, my IBS has improved a bit but it's still there.I've had these symptoms for about 5 years now. Urgency, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, gas...usually in the morning. Sometimes so painful i'm just on the toilet going and writhing in pain. Then when i'm done, i'm too exhausted/hungry to do anything. I hate feeling hungry and not wanting to eat.I've done a battery of GI tests and nothing was discovered. A couple of years ago I was prescribed a drug (sorry I don't remember what) but it just made things shift to the opposite end of the spectrum: Now I was severely constipated. I don't know which one is worse, but i'd say diarrhea simply because it could cause you to have an accident at any time. I know many here can relate when I say, I don't like venturing out much anymore because of anxiety. I get scared that i'll be stuck somewhere with no bathrooms and I don't know what i'll do.My friends don't understand. My boyfriend knows and he's so sweet and supportive. He won't pressure me about going out somewhere if i'm feeling bad. I have had an accident with IBS-D when out on a date once...the single most embarrasing night of my life. Since then my anxiety has increased so much. I don't want that to ever happen again!
:(Now I just manage but I wish there was something I could do. Some days i'm fine...and I don't have a BM, other days, I have several loose ones in a row accompanied with all the other nasty feelings. I never know which one to expect. I'm going to see my boyfriend soon for a week (we're long distance) and I know he'll be understanding...but this gets in the way of enjoyment. I hate being the reason we can't go somewhere at a certain time...Hopefully connecting with you all here will be my outlet since there are not many others who understand this condition, unless they are in your shoes.Thanks for listening :)Renn

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.