2 replies to this topic

#1 Karl - Hull

Karl - Hull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Advertisement
Hi all,This is my first post and I am very new to dealing with my ISB symptoms etc. I saw a tv programme today which highlighted low fodmap foods, which interested me as I had never heard of them and it seems that a great deal of my diet has been high fodmap foods.My question is what alcohol is "okay" if I am going to try and follow a diet like this, I usually drink apple cider, pear perry, lager or wine.Any help would be appreciated.ThanksKarl

Advertisement

#2 BeeRitt

BeeRitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

It's probably going to be helpful to you to cut out alcohol during the elimination phase of the diet, the first 2 weeks. The book I'm reading about FODMAPS diet saws that red and white wine, 4 oz is okay and vodka, gin, and whiskey. Make sure to read up on it before starting the diet, good luck.

#3 Korga

Korga

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

yes, Apple, Pear, and Lager (Barley Malt) are all high FODMAP and should be avoided.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here