2 replies to this topic

#1 Karl - Hull

Karl - Hull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Advertisement
Hi all,This is my first post and I am very new to dealing with my ISB symptoms etc. I saw a tv programme today which highlighted low fodmap foods, which interested me as I had never heard of them and it seems that a great deal of my diet has been high fodmap foods.My question is what alcohol is "okay" if I am going to try and follow a diet like this, I usually drink apple cider, pear perry, lager or wine.Any help would be appreciated.ThanksKarl

Advertisement

#2 BeeRitt

BeeRitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

It's probably going to be helpful to you to cut out alcohol during the elimination phase of the diet, the first 2 weeks. The book I'm reading about FODMAPS diet saws that red and white wine, 4 oz is okay and vodka, gin, and whiskey. Make sure to read up on it before starting the diet, good luck.

#3 Korga

Korga

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

yes, Apple, Pear, and Lager (Barley Malt) are all high FODMAP and should be avoided.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here