1 reply to this topic

#1 Bercy

Bercy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:46 AM

Advertisement
I have learned to deal with the alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation from my IBS. But what is driving me crazy is what I call the “in-between” periods. - Often I feel that my bowel movements are incomplete.- Some mornings I have 5 to 6 partial movements- Sometimes it just gets stuck on the way out. Double icky and messy- I have had soft mushy stool, poorly formed, (not watery, not diarrhea) daily for months on end. When I wipe myself, it is so mushy it smears all over. It takes 5 minutes, 1/3 a roll of toilet paper, water and /or baby wipes, with a finger up the anus almost to the sigmoid. And I have to carry supplies with me everywhere. - Regardless of how much I clean, I will have to return to the toilet several times to re-wipe.- Despite my efforts, I still don’t feel clean, and it itches deep inside like a hemorrhoid. (Hemorrhoids ruled out by colonoscopy). Also, my underwear is always stained brown. Any others with the same problems? Any advice?

Advertisement

#2 Colt

Colt

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

I have learned to deal with the alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation from my IBS. But what is driving me crazy is what I call the “in-between” periods. - Often I feel that my bowel movements are incomplete.- Some mornings I have 5 to 6 partial movements- Sometimes it just gets stuck on the way out. Double icky and messy- I have had soft mushy stool, poorly formed, (not watery, not diarrhea) daily for months on end. When I wipe myself, it is so mushy it smears all over. It takes 5 minutes, 1/3 a roll of toilet paper, water and /or baby wipes, with a finger up the anus almost to the sigmoid. And I have to carry supplies with me everywhere. - Regardless of how much I clean, I will have to return to the toilet several times to re-wipe.- Despite my efforts, I still don’t feel clean, and it itches deep inside like a hemorrhoid. (Hemorrhoids ruled out by colonoscopy). Also, my underwear is always stained brown. Any others with the same problems? Any advice?

Yep. After suffering for three years with anal leakage, I have found a simple thing that will improve your situation by 80%.Psyllium powder. One tsp, three times a day. Start off slow though, it causes some gas at first. Use a capuccino frother to mix it in a glass of water.Try it, it really works.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here