Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Bloating / Ab Pain AFTER Bowel Movement?

376K views 92 replies 68 participants last post by  Silviegee 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,I was wondering if anyone has the symptom of an increase in bloating AFTER a bowel movement. Some days I feel completely fine all day until I have a bowel movement, and once I do, I feel instantly worse 5-10 mins afterward. I get really bloated, have a lot of stomach upset (mostly UPPER abdominal pain) and just an overall crappy feeling -- sometimes tired. Mainly a crazy bloat with the feeling of trapped gas that I can't expell no matter what. OTC meds don't help, and even if I pass gas, which I don't have to really, it doesn't bring any relief. It lasts HOURS, usually up until I go to bed at night. The bowel movement seems to trigger it. I'm not constipated, have a bowel movement every day that is typically between normal and soft consistency. It's exhausting, as my stomach seems to balloon up completely and makes it difficult to do anything.A little background: I'm a 26 year old male, been sick with this stomach pain for almost a year now with no relief and have stumped 3 gastroenterologists. Have had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, CT scan, bloodwork, everything has come back normal. Have been on a gluten free diet for 3 weeks with no relief just for good measure. The doctors say that this must be IBS, but I don't have diarrhea and only a bit of constipation 8 months ago with some incomplete evacuation which has mainly been treated with fiber intake, so no real current trouble there. I have tried Flagyl, Levbid, Bentyl, Hyo-Max, Elavil and something else I can't remember all to no effect at all. Right now I am taking Celexa (this is my current stumped gastro's last attempt) and also Nexium for the GERD that I've acquired through this whole ordeal.The post-bowel movement bloat has been such a mystery.PLEASE, PLEASE respond if you have had this symptom or have any idea.Thanks so much.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you with this, but can tell you that your misery has company. When my IBS symptoms first started as an adult, over 30 years ago, I felt better after bowel movement. For past few years that is not so; I have bloating and severe cramping, sometimes over entire abdomen, after bowel movement. Zelnorm (tegaserod) was the only thing that helped and it was taken off market. Best of luck to you.

#3 ·
I feel for you. I have been having this problem for over four years and the doctors think I'm crazy. Except my pain will last for hours and hours after a bm; it used to last for anywhere from 8-10 hours afterwards; now it doesn't go away until the next day...and then I have to start the process all over again because I'm pretty regular. I also have some very strange symptoms after a bm...severe neck pain, my back burns like I have a sunburn, all of the muscles in my back feel tight...it's just a terrible experience. I'm a medical mystery. I'm sorry you have to experience this and wish I could offer an answer.

#4 ·
I get some pain, cramping, and a little bloating after BMs but it only lasts for about 10 minutes afterwards. Sometimes the pain may hang on a bit longer - not a day but hours after. For me usually it's just due to movement down there [lower left side of abdomen]. I think that when the space is emptied, your gut gets irritated in the process or you feel it more because of the effort (however small) in voiding the bowel. Then the movement of the next BM filling the space causes more irritation. Just my theory. Sometimes it seems like I can feel the next BM sliding into place after having a BM even though I'm not constipated and have everyday BMs. Hypersensitivity is an issue with IBS. Once the empty area is filled again, I won't feel the pain as much. It's probably just strong peristalsis continuing after BMs. I don't take any prescription drugs for it now but you may feel better with an antispasmodic drug. Lomotil worked well for me when I took it although it does tend to make you constipated.

#6 ·
I know I'm seeing this post kinda' late, but I know how you feel. I feel crappy most of the time (abdominal pain), but sometimes miraculously at first in the morning I feel okay, but then once I have a BM, everything turns terrible. It's so frustrating, 'cause it's supposed to be healthier to have regular BMs but when it causes so much pain, grrrrr. Doc's constantly telling me I must be constipated, but I'm NOT. No medication works for me and I'm just taking it day by day, hoping someone will find out what's wrong, or at least something that will work for me. Anyway, I know this might not help, but at least you're in good company.

#7 ·
Hello all, I am a brand new member, and it does bring me some comfort to know there are others in my situation. I experience so much bloating and gas along with that feeling that I need to expel gas, and it just does not want to expel. I have had IBS for years,off and on,and this time (for almost 2 months) it doesn't want to improve at all. I recently ordered a remedy online called RezVera, which is a dietary supplement in capsule form which is supposed to help IBS and digestion problems.I have taken so much Beano and Gas-X, I am ready for something new. Has anyone tried RezVera?

#9 ·
Hi All,Sad to report that this is still happening.. I hope maybe some of you found relief somewhere.

#10 ·
Madison33,You have described the pain I have felt for many years. I have been through this forum waiting for someone to find a solution, since dr's can't help me. You have described my daily routine: I feel ok, not until I have a BM. The bloating, gas and the lack of expulsion makes my day miserable. The pain lasts for several hours until I go to sleep and then the cylce reappears as I wake up and use the restroom. I am not constipated or have diarrhea, but my BM's are the same as yours. If you find something, please let me know. Take care.

#12 ·
Hello, my name I Jennifer and I am new to this forum..upon reading some of these stories I feel like I am listening to myself. My IBS started 8 yrs ago when my Momwas sick and then past away..I am very regular, occiassional constipatin and maybe loose stools at other times. Some morning I have to "go" three or four times before I can leave the house. The worst is how I feel afterward..pain, cramping, gas, nauseous..I just want to lay down until it passes. Sometimes the pain subsides and I am just left with the bloating and gassy feeling ALL DAY!!. I swear its living hell. In March of this year I tore my Meniscus in my knee, after surgery I was given Vicodin. Well, my whold life changed. I have tried Antisposmodics only Bentyl, actually..Yoga, excercise, herbal teas, heating pads, massage..to no avail. If I "go" and get those pains, I take 1 5/500 Vicodin and within 25 min..I am pain free, gas free, and don't have the feeling to go another 20x. My Ortho keeps writing me scripts, and told me not to take more than two a day, which I have NEVER done. It does not make me high just makes me feel like a normal person. The only problem is how long will he keep writing these scripts..?? not much longer I am sure. I have an appnt with a new Gastro doc in two weeks..I am going to tell him everything..No doc will agree with a Narcotic as a IBS solution..but what a shame that a drug that is "addictive" but not in my case..and used for recreational use ruins it for people who are in legitamite pain. I have had CT scans, Coloscopies, Sonos..Oh nothings wrong..well yipee!! I can't work or live a normal life. There has got to be some med out there thats works like Vicodin does..because it has given me 6 months of heaven. Please reply if anyone understands what I am saying or has a comment or reply. No one knows how we feel, no one could ever imagine what we deal with on a daily basis.

#13 ·
Hi. I know this is an old topic but this is exactly what I am going through right now. My IBS was always IBS D and I felt better after a bm. But recently that has changed. For the past two months I have felt awful after a bm whether it be D or normal. Yesterday I woke up pain free and then went for a morning BM. After that I had pain across my whole abdomen all day. Especially below my ribs on the top left and right. I feel like I still need to go or I have trapped gas so have just taken a windeze. I have had a flare up like this once before, back in 2008 and it just went away on its own and went back to IBS D but that took a year! I want to get better quicker this time as I am a newly wed (I think the emotional stress of getting married has caused this flare up) and want to go out and enjoy life!

Was just wondering how you were all getting on?

#14 ·
I see there are some fairly recent replies...even today! And I came back across this post because I search for a solution just about once a week...hoping someone out there knows/understands. I'm surprised to see how many are dealing with this.

I am coming on year 5 of this pain (in December) and I am so depressed now. When it first started I felt like there would be something to remedy it; not only has it not gone away, it is worse.

I also have new symptoms that can't be explained. When I wake up in the morning I feel like I have the worst flu ever...it's so hard to move in the morning. I've been checked for lupus and other auto-immune disorders that cause morning pain...nothing shows up on the tests. I can barely eat anything anymore because I feel so "flu-ish" after I eat as well. I've basically lived off of ensure, cottage cheese and bananas since February.

I still have the symptoms everyone else mentioned...pain that starts after a bm (and up until about a month ago I was extremely regular...now I am constipated, but that's because I get no fiber any more).

And the back/neck pain that starts after the bm is so bizarre. Sometimes the pain is so intense I can barely move; it hurts to bend, like my muscles aren't long enough; and sometimes I can barely even move my neck. How is that even possible??

Maybe we should start a group. Living with chronic pain is really taking its toll on me. I'm trying to raise four kids and I feel I can barely even take care of myself.

#15 ·
I have this problem also. It started with just really bad gas in general and then I got even more gassy about 1/2 year ago and I would get more gas after bm and I wouldn't be able to pass it until the morning after. I wake up with an upset stomach feeling but after I "leak" or pass the gas, I feel better but there's always more gas in my system. it's like my body is producing endless amounts of gas. I also get this flu-ish feeling and just totally stink up sometimes. I also have fecal body odor. this totally sucks and I'm tired of living like this. It's my last year of college and I thought it was going to be a good year until all these new symptoms showed up (fbo and leaky gas). I don't think ibs should be a diagnosis at all. doctors just treat the symptoms but don't look for the cause. I have turned to alternative forms of medicine.

#16 ·
Hello everyone,I was wondering if anyone has the symptom of an increase in bloating AFTER a bowel movement. Some days I feel completely fine all day until I have a bowel movement, and once I do, I feel instantly worse 5-10 mins afterward.
I experience a similar symptom and have for more than 10 years. Only, I feel especially unwell (uncomfortable, irritable, fatigued) before the BM. Then immediately after I enjoy some moments of feeling well, energized, mentally clear. Within about 10 minutes, the abdomen significantly distends with a seemingly endless amount of gas.

I get really bloated, have a lot of stomach upset (mostly UPPER abdominal pain) and just an overall crappy feeling -- sometimes tired. Mainly a crazy bloat with the feeling of trapped gas that I can't expell no matter what.
My bouts of this are not accompanied by pain, and the distention is most pronounced in the lower abdominal area. I'm a pretty cut guy, but during the distention, the lower abdomen fills and protrudes significantly.

I too experience an overall crappy feeling, and fatigue consistently accompanies the distention. Should the gas manage to escape, I regain a feeling of wellbeing and energy. I'm a very physically fit and mentally sharp person, but when this hits me (almost everyday, sometimes multiple times within a day) I feel basically unable to function in body or mind.

OTC meds don't help, and even if I pass gas, which I don't have to really, it doesn't bring any relief. It lasts HOURS, usually up until I go to bed at night. The bowel movement seems to trigger it. I'm not constipated, have a bowel movement every day that is typically between normal and soft consistency. It's exhausting, as my stomach seems to balloon up completely and makes it difficult to do anything.A little background: I'm a 26 year old male, been sick with this stomach pain for almost a year now with no relief and have stumped 3 gastroenterologists. Have had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, CT scan, bloodwork, everything has come back normal.
I'm 29 now and have experienced whatever the condition is (not the same as yours, but related) for about 14 years.
When you say "it's exhausting", do you mean, just dealing with this from day to day, or do you mean that you feel exhausted once the stomach has ballooned up, as you say? As I mentioned, it's also difficult for me to function once the gut has distended. Even reading a book or having a conversation with a friend is difficult. The degree to which I'm incapacitated is proportional to the extent of the distention.

The battery of tests you've had performed is similar to what I have. Although I had more tests done, over the course of several years.
During a barium swallow test, the barium passed through my digestive system entirely in the course of the test (a couple hours). My gastroenterologist then diagnosed 'very rapid transit'. This is an abnormality, but not really a medical disorder or disease. I have no history of abnormal diarrhea or constipation, and so I have never been diagnosed with IBS.

I have tried Flagyl, Levbid, Bentyl, Hyo-Max, Elavil and something else I can't remember all to no effect at all.
I have tried a number of these as well (years ago). Some motility drugs induced a change in bowel habit, but no real reduction in distention / discomfort / fatigue.

Right now I am taking Celexa (this is my current stumped gastro's last attempt) and also Nexium for the GERD that I've acquired through this whole ordeal.
GERD? What do you mean, you "acquired" it through the ordeal? I mean, how do you think they are related, if at all? This is significant to me because I developed GERD symptoms at the same time as developing the bloating / flatulence / fatigue symptoms.

For GERD, no PPI medicines were useful for me. Taking antacids was also not useful and only added to the total volume of gas in the gut, by producing gases in the stomach. I have very thankfully found one treatment for the GERD. Namely, taking Prelief tablets with any foods or drinks that may trigger the symptoms. It is consistently effective, and I can eat or drink just about any acidic foods from kim chi to grape fruit juice.

I have done quite a lot of work on this myself, especially including many dietary adjustments. But the GE who worked with me most was a senior physician at his department and had been practicing for over 30 years. He attempted to diagnose my condition and understand its causes, but ultimately just tried various treatments for the symptoms. None of the treatments was successful. Eventually, I brought my records and an explanation of my condition to a GE at Cleveland Clinic. Had one last diagnostic test performed there, with results again giving up no clues. Both physicians acknowledged something is abnormal, but could not understand exactly what is it, nor why it is occurring. As I have lacked health insurance for years, I have not visited a physician for the condition since I was 25. At this point, the quality of my life has been reduced for so many years that I'm planning to return to physicians, this time possibly at Mayo Clinic.

#17 ·
I have the same exact symptoms. Generally 10 munutes after having a normal bowel movement I get pain in the lower left abdomen that lasts almost all day. I was able to convince a doctor to let me try xifaxan which is supposed to be a non-absorbable anti-biotics that supposedly kills bad bacteria in the small intestine (sibo) small intestinal bacteria overgrowth. That didn't seem to work.. But he also subscribed a anti-spasm drug called hyoscyamine sulfate. I am to take this 30 minutes before a meal and it is supposed to stop spasms in the intestines. It seems to be helping a bit and the bloating doesn't last all day. I would say that this condition has practically ruined my life. I am hoping that this works long term. Glad I found this forum because all the doctors over the years thought I was nuts.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, I'm Emily, I joined the forum to post my story here as it sounds very similar.

I have been living in digestive hell for about 4+ years now. I can't even tell people that number (4 years) without beginning to cry. I can't believe my life has turned into obsessing about my condition so often. I have so much joy in my life that's tarnished with this everyday disaster/nightmare that doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

The best way I can describe my worst symptom is the feeling of constant TRAPPED GAS. As much as I push to expel it, it stays firmly planted deep within my intestines. It's not just gas there, though. I burp incessantly, even after drinking something as benign as water. I have a constant, localized pain in my upper left abdomen (just under my rib cage, extending a little around my left side...) - sometimes worse, sometimes better, but always worse after a BM. This specific pain has worsened over the years.

I usually have 2-6 BMs per day, all of which are very narrow (not pencil-thin, but no more than 1" in diameter) and very long. It's not so much diarrhea as it is very frequent. I often get distention and gas after my BMs.

The first gastroeterologist thought I had GERD, which was insane considering I only have heartburn symptoms about 3x per year. The PPIs made this worse. She was stumped and suggested repeatedly that I try Gas-X, which again, is insane. Gas medications never do anything for my symptoms. Nor do any OTC medications.

I have seen 2 natural/alternative physicians, one of which suspects Candida overgrowth and the other suspected Parasites. I have been treated for both, and no improvement came with either treatment. The parasite cleanse antibiotic actually made my symptoms 1,000x worse. I have also done the Heidelburg gastric acidity test which showed inconclusive results (sometimes my stomach acid regulated normally, other times it did not). Hair analysis shows my vitamin/mineral levels are extremely low. I have tried many different digestive enzymes and probiotics.

My current GI did a breath test and my results showed an abnormality consistent with SIBO. I was so relieved to finally have an answer. I tried Xifaxin and Erythromycin, which made my symptoms much worse (usually patients have much relief with these antibiotics). Specifically, the localized left-side abdominal pain became much much worse during antibiotic treatment. If I gently massage or push on this area, I am sometimes able to burp with only some relief. If I drink a carbonated beverage quickly after a meal, sometimes I can burp repeatedly and it feels much better. It's almost as if I have to "catch" the gas after eating before it travels through my body. However sometimes, my body will not burp, but just "digest" the gas through the intestinal tract, making my life a living hell.

Sometimes it almost feels like the gas is in my uterus, it's extemely low. Nothing I do helps move it. I do not experience a ton of cramping. Just this incessant production of gas - with the inability to expel it. What's also strange is that sometimes I feel fine (although rare), and am able to pass a regualr fart (haha) just fine. WTF, body?!

Right now I'm having a new symptom: my intestine is weirdly twitching. I see the commenter above also describes a spasming. It seems this craziness will never end. It has only gotten worse through the years. Want to hear the weirdest thing? THIS ALL DISAPPEARED IN MY 2ND MONTH OF PREGNANCY. Disappeared! Completely. It returned 10 days after giving birth. Go figure that one out. All I want to do is be pregnant all the time! How many women do you hear saying that? Haha.

Anyway, this condition has made my life pretty hellacious for 4 years now, and no one seems to have any answers. I have been on antidepressants and am currently in cognitive behavioral therapy. I remember the time before all this began when I was around 25 years old, and how carefree I was. I cannot fathom living this way for the rest of my life. The very thought makes me absolutely lose it with sadness. I'm hoping to find some answers, and I will never give up hope, but my resolve is wearing thin. When I have a semi-normal day, I am the happiest person in the entire world. When the symptoms return, I go to a very low place.

There has GOT to be an answer somewhere. I have never read other people describe my symptoms so accurately: trapped gas, pain after BM, etc.

The next step for me is a colonoscopy (which I've been asking for, for years) and a capsule endoscopy.

As for my history: I used some heavier drugs in my early twenties (Ecstacy, coke, and halluciogens), began hormonal birth control (specifically Depo-Provera) at age 15 but stopped hormonal BC at age 25, and was on 2 rounds of Accutane in my early-mid twenties. I was also prescribed antibiotics in my teenage years for acne. I cannot believe my body was able to grow a healthy human baby child

If the colonoscopy and endoscopy turn up nothing, I will be turning to Ayurveda next. I will never stop trying new things.

It is comforting to know there are others that know what I'm going through, though I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Sometimes I want to literally cut open my abdomen and scream at my intestines. I know that sounds insane, but when you're forced to think about your TRAPPED GAS over and over and over and over again, you start to kind of lose it. This sucks!

#19 ·
Any updates to this condition?

I'm experiencing very similar symptoms (build-up of gas shortly after satisfying bowel movement), which I wrote about in my introductory post here:

http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/158716-brief-introduction-constiptation-improved-but-gas-and-mucus-after-bm/

I can pass the gas by assuming a yoga-like position, but often it returns shortly after I stand up to get on with my day. I used to experience constipation, but this symptom has improved considerably in the past month or so.

Take care everyone.

J x

#20 ·
I had this crap including reflux into the throat/mouth, constant gas burping, even after bowel movements gas - came after a course of cipro/augmentin - from someone who never had problems in my life. The funny thing is I did a course for an unrelated illness of azithromycin for 6 months and during that course all the symptoms disappeared. They kept away for about 3 years and now again they have returned. The SIBO hypothesis makes sense at least in my case that perhaps the augmentin / cipro messed up the intestinal bacteria - azithromycin for months fixed it. Then now its messed up again. I'm going to get a hydrogen breath test and see if xifaxin works or flagyl. If not I'll try that 6 month course of azithromycin again....... Just really weird eh? But science seems to be backing up this stuff.

#21 ·
Hi all-

Wow, I had no idea so many people were facing the same symptoms when I started this. I really don't know what to do anymore, either. Like Emily had said, I also had the BMs for a while that were pretty thin and narrow. Sometimes it happens again occasionally. Someone before more asked me about the GERD, and yes, it did seem to come along around the same times as all these symptoms. I was prescribed Nexium and it seems to work so long as I take it.

I really don't know what to do anymore. This all started in July 2011 and I am going on two years of this. It ALSO started when I turned 25. I really don't know what to do anymore. Like others before me, yes, I tried Xifaxin and had no relief either. It actually made things worse.

I found hope in a doctor here in NYC named Dr. Kevin Cahill. He is a tropical disease expert who has written numerous textbooks on parasites. He has worked with all major hospitals in the country, and has even worked with the Pope and Mother Theresa if you look him up. Anyway, even though I had been tested for parasites, someone who recommended him to me told me that they way he diagnoses you is unlike anyone else. He does a swab of your colon (as stool samples are not adequate), I think it was called a Sigmoidiscopy. He used to be the head of the Tropical Disease unit in an NYC hospital decades ago but swears that today modern medicine doesn't test the right way, so most doctors just slap the IBS label on people. He took a sample from me using this method and two days later he diagnosed me with an AMEOBA, which is a very small parasite. I was diagnosed with Entomeba histolytica. I cried because I was so happy to FINALLY have a diagnosis after all these gastros were calling me crazy.

He prescribed a round of antibiotics, both I had never heard of. If my memory is right, they were called Doxycycline and Parmomycin. Unfortunately, he said most cases take up to a year to heal since this bug ravages your insides.

It's been about a month and a half since treatment, and to be honest I still have my symptoms after a BM and they are still hard to deal with. The one thing that I noticed was that most of the rumbling is gone. Prior to seeing Dr. Cahill, my stomach would often go crazy and make terrible rumbling noises throughout the day. That has subsided and I hope it is a good sign. But like I said, it's a long road to recovery and it may still be months until my other symptoms subside, he said.

As an aside, the thing that made me hopeful is that during my treatment, my girlfriend had started feeling symptoms similar to mine for the first time in our two-year relationship. I took her to Dr. Cahill and he found that she also had E. Hystalytica and treated her with the same antibiotics. Within 2-3 weeks, she was totally cured. Now, I figure that might be because she had the bug for at most a month, where as I had it for almost 2 years, so maybe that's why she healed and I still haven't. (He said that it is easily shared between married couples if they share towels after a shower for example..)

I don't know..

What I do think is that you should check him out if you can. He is really a wealth of information, and he has to be at least 70 years old. It's scary to think that once this man retires, so may his way of diagnosing and treating people. No one does what he does. Seriously, google him and read his bios. They're incredible. He IS pricey though. I suspect at this point in his long career, he has no need to deal with insurance companies. The whole ordeal cost me about $400, but luckily if you do have insurance you can usually get some money reimbursed.

Google it. Let me know what you think and if any of you do decide to visit him.

#22 ·
Hi all-

Wow, I had no idea so many people were facing the same symptoms when I started this. I really don't know what to do anymore, either. Like Emily had said, I also had the BMs for a while that were pretty thin and narrow. Sometimes it happens again occasionally. Someone before more asked me about the GERD, and yes, it did seem to come along around the same times as all these symptoms. I was prescribed Nexium and it seems to work so long as I take it.

I really don't know what to do anymore. This all started in July 2011 and I am going on two years of this. It ALSO started when I turned 25. I really don't know what to do anymore. Like others before me, yes, I tried Xifaxin and had no relief either. It actually made things worse.

I found hope in a doctor here in NYC named Dr. Kevin Cahill. He is a tropical disease expert who has written numerous textbooks on parasites. He has worked with all major hospitals in the country, and has even worked with the Pope and Mother Theresa if you look him up. Anyway, even though I had been tested for parasites, someone who recommended him to me told me that they way he diagnoses you is unlike anyone else. He does a swab of your colon (as stool samples are not adequate), I think it was called a Sigmoidiscopy. He used to be the head of the Tropical Disease unit in an NYC hospital decades ago but swears that today modern medicine doesn't test the right way, so most doctors just slap the IBS label on people. He took a sample from me using this method and two days later he diagnosed me with an AMEOBA, which is a very small parasite. I was diagnosed with Entomeba histolytica. I cried because I was so happy to FINALLY have a diagnosis after all these gastros were calling me crazy.

He prescribed a round of antibiotics, both I had never heard of. If my memory is right, they were called Doxycycline and Parmomycin. Unfortunately, he said most cases take up to a year to heal since this bug ravages your insides.

It's been about a month and a half since treatment, and to be honest I still have my symptoms after a BM and they are still hard to deal with. The one thing that I noticed was that most of the rumbling is gone. Prior to seeing Dr. Cahill, my stomach would often go crazy and make terrible rumbling noises throughout the day. That has subsided and I hope it is a good sign. But like I said, it's a long road to recovery and it may still be months until my other symptoms subside, he said.

As an aside, the thing that made me hopeful is that during my treatment, my girlfriend had started feeling symptoms similar to mine for the first time in our two-year relationship. I took her to Dr. Cahill and he found that she also had E. Hystalytica and treated her with the same antibiotics. Within 2-3 weeks, she was totally cured. Now, I figure that might be because she had the bug for at most a month, where as I had it for almost 2 years, so maybe that's why she healed and I still haven't. (He said that it is easily shared between married couples if they share towels after a shower for example..)

I don't know..

What I do think is that you should check him out if you can. He is really a wealth of information, and he has to be at least 70 years old. It's scary to think that once this man retires, so may his way of diagnosing and treating people. No one does what he does. Seriously, google him and read his bios. They're incredible. He IS pricey though. I suspect at this point in his long career, he has no need to deal with insurance companies. The whole ordeal cost me about $400, but luckily if you do have insurance you can usually get some money reimbursed.

Google it. Let me know what you think and if any of you do decide to visit him.
Hi,

Very interesting. Could you describe your symptoms more exact? I hope the treatment works for you!

#23 ·
I created this account just for this post.

My symptoms are that I get extremly bloated after bowl movment. I lose all my energy and often feel very sick. Sometimes it goes away after a couple of hours and other timesit stays like that all day. I have tried to change what I eat and how I live, nothing works. Lets hope someone has a solution for our problem.

G
#24 ·
im joining because i have dealt with all of this for over 10 years. I am thinking of what to say short and sweet. over the years i have done and kept my journals/the spreadsheets and notes i hand to my dr leave them speechless. Understand/ this is all a scientific experiment and your journal will show you flareup patterns. you have to journal exact time/diet/water/physical/mental/create symptom columns/spreadsheets....or a simple table in word. Believe me thats the last thing i wanted to do and i procrastinated.......then suffered a long long time before submitting to the routine. I hung a huge wall calender in the kitchen and made it fun. What a wonderful place to talk about the "gross things" that have become our reality and Disabled Us. Give me a bit to organize myself, and ive got lots to say on this subject. if i can figure the buttons out quickly here, i would like to add images of diets ive put together..and other data.......... o and believe me i advocate for those that get "dr" blowoffs, guinea pig experiments, drug dealin dr's & come back in 3 months........ we gotta sort this out for our survival because i really believe the dr(s) dont really know....and ive been to a lot of them

G
#25 ·
I do not provide any medical advise nor am i a professional adviser Im just a 50 year old woman who has done a lot of research to stay alive without becoming expendable.

1. constantly drink warm waters, diluted teas no caffeine. constantly drink warm waters for cool or cold will make the guts seize.

2. keep powdered proteins handy when you cant eat so your stomach dosent eat itself/reducing over acid - experiment with the different types according to your food allergies or sensitivity!

3. gerd.....do not eat any solid food after 5:30pm. clear liquids, warm waters, miso broths, ensure clear..or really water down your powdered proteins.

4. i use lots of preparation h suppositories and glycerin suppositories and lying down for an hour after my morning bm will help the bubbles to gurrgle and move instead of the bowel cramping...gotta move those cramps! walk walk walk for if a cramp stays cramped (and you many have more than one seizure in the entire bowel)...the irritation and inflammation that starts will spiral into infections and some you can never cure.

5. I use 'Kyo-dophilus 9' as my probiotic daily.

Give me a minute......im trying to figure out how to post my chart that i compiled as i sorted out each type of food and what it did to me...................

G
#26 ·
if you start stinking-the smell comes out your pores - and still all the tests are normal ; if you develop a skin fungal in the moist areas - after a year of buying every overthecounter fungal...i begged for a prescription for this.............

' Nyamyc / nystatin topical powder, 1000,000 usp units per gram by upsher-smith

dont let any dr insult you by lecturing you about hygiene....... and your diet feeds the internal fungus (sugars/carbs/yeasts/breads)

G
#27 ·
im having trouble pasting my word table into this blog............

rolleyes.gif
if anyone wants a copy, feel free to email me at tebiwa@gmail.com
rolleyes.gif

and title the email Food Table...... it is in basic Word/table. you can add or delete foods and change it for your needs...i listed every food i could in columns from good to absolute NO

And i am having success with acupuncture for IBS.......it seems to relax the muscles and the gut cramps

And i am so tired of drs excusing IBS off on anxiety or stress...........if your dr tells you this brainwashing bullshit....find another dr...or he will never get past labeling you as an anxiety case, which goes in the computer notes....misdiagnosis

A dr did this to me, then years later i went into the ER with gall bladder pain, and the er-pa overdosed me on a mixture of dilaudid, morphine and fentanyl....for anxiety........ya the hosp payed the bills and the dr was disciplined by the board of medicine.......FROM NOW ON I ASK FOR A COPY OF MY RECORDS ON DISK AND I TAKE THEM HOME AND READ THEM...i find many mistakes and i found that transcriptionists in tim buck too......translate and type drs notes.......... I CARRY A BRIEFCASE OF MY ORIGINAL RECORDS TO EVERY DR I GO TO AND I WEAR A MED BRACELET .... to stop Drs from "Let me make you comfortable"....... and put me into respiratory arrest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.