2 replies to this topic

#1 Wendy74

Wendy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Advertisement
Hi, I am new and I was diagnosed with IBS/Lacose Intolerance a few weeks ago. I have been studying on the low FODMAP diet recently and have been slowly incorporating those foods in and the bad stuff out. I notice quite a bit of difference, seems to really help.My question is on meat, pork, poultry, and fish. I assume that these proteins are okay as long as it's non-processed and nitrate free. Am I wrong? Also, are fattier meats okay or should someone just stick with the leanest cut?Thanks! :)

Advertisement

#2 Gytis

Gytis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

All meats without added ingredients are FODMAP-free, doesn't matter if it's fatty or lean, BUT many people with IBS have problems with fatty foods, so it's up to you to see if you can tolerate them.

#3 Wendy74

Wendy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thank you, I was hoping to hear that. I will continue to test things.Thanks!!!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here