2 replies to this topic

#1 Wendy74

Wendy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Advertisement
Hi, I am new and I was diagnosed with IBS/Lacose Intolerance a few weeks ago. I have been studying on the low FODMAP diet recently and have been slowly incorporating those foods in and the bad stuff out. I notice quite a bit of difference, seems to really help.My question is on meat, pork, poultry, and fish. I assume that these proteins are okay as long as it's non-processed and nitrate free. Am I wrong? Also, are fattier meats okay or should someone just stick with the leanest cut?Thanks! :)

Advertisement

#2 Gytis

Gytis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

All meats without added ingredients are FODMAP-free, doesn't matter if it's fatty or lean, BUT many people with IBS have problems with fatty foods, so it's up to you to see if you can tolerate them.

#3 Wendy74

Wendy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thank you, I was hoping to hear that. I will continue to test things.Thanks!!!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here