Advertisement

Photo

can u have diarrhea and constipation at the same time with ibs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chriz297

chriz297

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Advertisement
Ive had ibs since i was about 14 and had it almost 4 years now. For say 3 days ill have diarrhea then i wont go for say another 3 days then the diarrhea will come so back so my question is can u have diarrhea and constipation at the same time with ibs?

Advertisement

#2 Bettsann

Bettsann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Yes! Absolutely this is possible and it is more common than one might think. This is something that I have, also. There are ALSO times when I have NO trouble with either type of IBS and then lo and behold...back it comes.It might help you to keep track (for a couple of weeks) of absolutely everything you eat...at ANY time of day... and perhaps you might see a pattern. Its discouraging when it seems a certain food causes trouble at one time ...and NOT at another time... but I have learned to cut waaaaay back on trigger foods. Don't be surprized if your 'trigger foods' do not match the ones that seem 'common' to others. We are all different!Good luck to you!

Ive had ibs since i was about 14 and had it almost 4 years now. For say 3 days ill have diarrhea then i wont go for say another 3 days then the diarrhea will come so back so my question is can u have diarrhea and constipation at the same time with ibs?

#3 chriz297

chriz297

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thank you, my trigger food seems to be fast food and chocolate

#4 matt1234

matt1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

I can sometimes have both in same evening very strange! I have been keeping a food and toilet trip diary, I find it really helpful!ThanksMatt

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here