1 reply to this topic

#1 glm777

glm777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Advertisement
Hi all. I am a 50 year old female. I was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago but never really had any issues except for the alternating diarrhea and constipation and the usual diarrhea when upset/worried. A week ago I felt a sharp pain in my left lower abdomen (just off center)during a BM. Since then I have had this mild but annoying pain on my left lower abdomen. Initially it was more painful, especially when I moved or even walked. But after using a heating pad all night for the past 2 nights, the pain has diminished to only being noticeable if I suck in my stomach, when I first stand up after sitting for a while or I move quickly. At first I thought I had pulled an abdominal muscle but I've also noticed that I've had some increased gassy movement and gurgling in my lower abdomen and some excess belching. My bowel movements (sorry if TMI) have been soft but large. the day the pain started, I think I moved them about 4 times that day - soft but quite a large amount each time. Since then I've gone every other day - again soft but a large amount a couple times that day. I had a colonoscopy last month which was totally normal.DOES IBS pain worsen with certain movements or is the pain pretty consistent and constant?

Advertisement

#2 bourne61

bourne61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hi, I too have lower left pain and tenderness on moving bending etc. I had stomach virus in august and have had abdominal pains in various places since. I have had this problem now for about one month. I have not seen this anywhere as a symptom of ibs so it was good to hear your story. I do not have any other bowel problems. Did your pain go as I notice this post is a few months old. Thank you

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here