Pregnant with Gastritis & GERD - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Pregnant with Gastritis & GERD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Advertisement
Hi everyoneThis is my first time posting on this website, although I have been reading the forums for some time now. I have had IBS for the past 15 years and was diagnosed with GERD about 10 years ago. I had pancreatitis for several months in 2009 and have been hospitalized from gastritis three times over the past few years (including this past April). Now I'm pregnant, about 6 months now, and can feel that familiar gastritis burn again. My doctor has allowed me to stay on omeprazole and Tums for GERD, as well as bentyl for IBS spasms as needed. I take Tums all the time, exercise several times a week, and try my best to stick with the appropriate diet (it has been a challenge during pregnancy for sure!). My main concern is this pain starting again. The past couple nights I have woken with burning stomach and pain, despite not eating before bed. Now it's crossed over to daytime and I'm finding it difficult to eat anything except crackers and water without pain. I don't know what to do, can't let it get out of control this time because now it's my baby I'm worried about too. Any advice or suggestions would be SO appreciated!! Thank you for reading :)

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Of course you should discuss this with your Dr. Many women experience heartburn with their pregnancies for various reasons. See if it is ok with your Dr if you can use a simethicone product with meals to prevent any gas build up. Also try a heat patch on your gut where the pain is.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here