Advertisement

Photo

New to the forum. Yellow stools left side pain below the ribs.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zhr

Zhr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Advertisement
I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with IBS-D after an infection about 18 months ago. It started with explosive watery diarrhea which lasted about 3 weeks. Then my stool turned soft with undegisted food in it and I started seeing mucus. I lost about 15 lbs in 5 months. I took Rifaximin which did not help. About 3 months into my IBS I started having pain the lower part of my abdomen near the pubic area. That lasted for about 10 months. I was extremely fatguied. Homebound with zero energy. That pain is gone but now I am having pain under my ribs on the left side and yellow stools. I woke up with gripping pain in the center of my chest like a very bad heart burn (It lasts 15-20 minutes and it always comes arond the same time around 3 am) about 5 times in the last 2 years. I had a CT scan, colonscopy and endescopy about 14 months ago and they were clear. My lipase enzyme had been slighly elevated in blood tests. My gall bladder did not show any stones then. My diarrhea although improved, my stools are not normal as I used to before my IBS. I am concerned that the yellow stools may be due to a pancreatic or bile duct carcinoma. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? I am hesitant to go through another CT scan. This will be my 3rd.

Advertisement

#2 nomorecookies

nomorecookies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

You sound very similar to me! The left side pain below the ribs is what caught my eye.You can read my symptoms here: http://www.ibsgroup....malabsorption/I would get your DR. to check you for fat malabsorption. That was the first test that the DR suggested after I told him about my soft stool with undigested food. Unfortunately, I a still trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Dr. had me checked for celiac, negative. I think I have a SIBO.

#3 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,375 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I would ask for a "Hida scan" to assess the function of the Gall Bladder. It is also called a Cholescintigraphy. Info: http://www.mayoclini...can/MY00320What you can expect:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hida-scan/MY00320/DSECTION=what-you-can-expect
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here